2011

A/N: This is a very old work in progress from September 2020. It's kinda cringy imo but I liked some aspects of it and I needed to get something out for Gon's birthday. Here's To Us Chapter is a maybe... But anyways, I edited this a little and didn't bother finishing it... (it's very long though so i doubt youd want an ending anyway :T) thanks for reading as always and lmk what you think

OH YEAH. One more thing.

This is Fem!Killugon

Gon stares at the long ribbon-like receipt running through her fingers, eyes particularly trained on the 10 digit number at the top with a small lip gloss print in the shape of thick, full lips.

She inhales sharply before voicing her thoughts.

"What the fuck."

***

"Gon!" Her boss, Leorio, calls. He was dressed in a fancy modern fit suit that was a sleek black. Furious eyes met worried ones. It wasn't too far of a stretch to say he wasn't happy. "God damn it. Ever since I made you a damn employee, sales have been crashing! Mind telling me why?"

Gon, aware of this well-known fact, attempts to push the accusations away, knowing damn well that this was true. "Not sure, Uncle. Personally, I think you did this on purpose. Sales usually do decrease during this season, don't they?"

Leorio sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "It's Mr. Leorio, Gon. Mr. Leorio when we're at work!"

Don't get her wrong, Gon never intended for any harm. She just happened to disagree with the tastes of her customers and practically had no filter. She still smiles at the incident from last week, shifting herself before she began to burst while Leorio lectured her.

As funny as Gon found it, let's just say her uncle wasn't as enthusiastic.

"Listen, I'm going to give you one last chance. I want my sales back to normal by this weekend." He scoffs, smirking devilishly. "4 days should be enough for the hilarious Gon Freecss, shouldn't it? Now get back to work, you slacker!"

Gon giggles behind her hand, rushing off to prepare herself. The shop was opening in a few minutes and for someone as loud as she was, she needed time to calm herself before she started bothering people with her overly energetic attitude at...

She checks her watch, wincing slightly at the time.

She needed time to calm herself before she started bothering people at 8:27 A.M. Today was going to be the day she turned things around. Today was the day Gon was going to do her best to respect their choices and use her persuasion skills to their extent! Even if their taste in music was ass.

Gon was going to sure as hell try!

Soon enough, the clock ticks to 8:30 and she's resisting every urge to rip off the closed sign. Instead, Gon flips it, signaling that Mr. Leorio's Record Shack is now open.

After that, she speeds back into her position behind the register, waiting patiently for a customer. This was an honor, to be able to open for Leorio. Especially since Gon did care about this shop. It was a hidden gem that had some wonderful underground pieces. It was too bad no one took a chance in admiring the classic pieces of vinyl. Well, no matter.

Gon finds contentment in being one of the only ones who do know.

A bell rings throughout the store. Someone was here! Actually here!

She straightens up the bow that was required for her uniform and flashes a big smile.

"Hi, Welcome to Mr. Leorio's Record Shack!" A long braid smacks her in the face from the sheer force she put into turning and she's sure from the small chuckling across the room that she's pretty much already embarrassed herself.