Chapter 10

♗♗♗

♗♗♗

After the feast, Dumbledore rises to the High Table once more, nodding over to Filch who started to limp forward, holding an old chest. Dumbledore glanced back over to the crowd of students, once more raising the palm of his hand.

Instantly the Hall fell silent, averting their attention fully to the old wizard that stood in front. Dumbledore flashed everyone an appreciative smile before retracting his hand, "I would like to say a few words before we bring in the casket."

Y/N eyebrows furrowed together at those words, she glanced over to the group with a questioning look, "Casket?" but neither of them knew, only shrugging in response.

"Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wind the Triwizard Tournament. But to do so, that student must survive three tasks. Three very dangerous tasks." Dumbledore emphasized.

"Wicked." Fred and George muttered out in admiration.

"You see, the Triwizard Tournament has an unfortunate history of killing off its participant. For this reason the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain, we have the Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Mr Bartemius Crouch." Dumbledore continued.

Crouch stood up from the staff table and made his way to the front, the hall stayed still throughout the time, not a singe applause nor a single whisper was heard.

Crouch scanned through the crowded hall swiftly before reaching into his robe and pulled out a piece of parchment, "After due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of seventeen will be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament. The decision is final."

Groans and whispers filled the Hall, disappointed expressions spread along most of the students faces. "What?! Oh come on." Caleb grumbled, earning an unamused look from Lizzy.

"It's for everybody's safety, you'd need to learn really advanced magic in order to be able to get past the tasks, I doubt anybody with the age below 17 would be able to do it." she pointed out as the Ravenclaw hummed in agreement, "I agree with Liz, Dumbledore just mentioned how past champions ended up dying, I'd rather not watch people die for a tournament."

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore shouted forcefully. The hall instantly fell silent, some of them a little stunned by the old wizard's forcefulness.

"Thank you." Dumbledore thanked gently. He grabbed his wand and turned to the casket, giving it three taps causing the lid to open. He reached into the casket and removed a wooden cup, above it danced with blue white flames.

Soft gasps could be heard across the hall as everybody's eyes were now glued to the cup. "The Goblet of Fire. Anybody wishing to submit themselves to the Tournament need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and drop it into the flames within the next twenty-four hours." Dumbledore instructed before giving a stern glare to the hall.