Evil Organization? - Chapter 42

Start from the beginning

Until something slams against my door. Alerted, I stand up.

"Honey, get the door!" my grandma says, sitting on the couch focusing on watching the TV.

"I am!" I call back as I move to the door with trembling steps. Who would be that extra to open the door?

Another rapid amount of banging goes through, followed by a yell, "Oi, Bakamatsu, open up!"

Oh, so that's who would be extra to open a door.

I sigh as I open the front door. "What is it, Iruma?"

"Finally, took ya' long enough. Don't keep someone as beautiful as me waiting, got it?" she points a finger at me with a grimace. I roll my eyes as I peer behind her. Harukawa and Shirogane were with staring away trying not to meet eyes with me.

"What is happening?"

"...Sorry." Harukawa mutters.

"Yea, sorry..." Shirogane holds her arm with guilt

"Why, what happened?!" I was genuinely worried now.

"Well," Iruma answers the questions for me, "I gathered everyone here to check out a kickass invention I made, of course! Be glad I invited you!"

"She just wants to hang out because she had no friends before us." Harukawa refuted. "She went to each of our houses personally. I was a fool and told her my address and I guess Shirogane did too."

"Iruma remembers my address?" I tilted my head. I remember she came over a few times but that's only because she followed me home or something. Maybe she has a better memory than I thought, it would be fitting for an inventor!

"Yea... We kinda ratted you out.." Shirogane awkwardly laughs.

"I see.." I playfully glared at them both.

"Sh-Shut up, Hardkawa, that's not true!" Iruma cries. "But yea, check out this invention. I think you'd like it, follow me to my lovely abode!" she turned her heel and happily marched away, pushing Shirogane and Harukawa out of the way. "Let's get some food first though, I haven't eaten lunch and maybe it could fatten poor Bakamatsu's chest!" she laughed to herself as I groan.

"Listen, I'm not gonna hang out with you if you treat me like that! Jeez... Do you think we would want to hang out with you if you're gonna act like that?!"

She immediately stops in her tracks and slowly turns towards me. "I-I'm sorry..." she hung her head in shame.

"I forgive you!" I smile cheerfully, holding my hands behind my back. "Iruma, wait, I'm gonna put on some clothes!"

"Huhh? Hurry the fu-" she covers her mouth to stop herself. "I mean, uh... Please hurry up then," she yelled as I closed the door. Maybe by the time I get back, Shuichi will wake up. This can keep my mind off it, I'm sure nothing too bad is happening... He's probably sick and I'm overthinking this!

~Perspective Change (Saihara)~

I woke up feeling worse than usual and a killing pain in my neck. I would reach to get it but my hands were tied... Literally.