'Shit!' I think as I quickly release him. Max grabs me and pulls me back to him. Instantly my arms freeze and my eyes go wide.

"Mum, you should go, my boyfriend is here and take your friend with you," for the first time I notice a younger blonde not too far away. She looks like the poster girl for plastic surgery. Her full lips and large chest are definitely fake so is her bleach blonde hair.

"Max! You can't be serious?" his mother yells. Max grips me harder, I'm speechless again. I'm trying really hard to ignore his heat and the feel of his body against mine.

"What's going on?" the young blonde asks. Her fake boobs bulge out of her expensive-looking dress as she taps her fake nails on her hips. Max glares at his mum.

"I'm very serious mum, Clay is my boyfriend. I told you to stop doing this, I told you I'm gay it's who I am, I won't change."

His mum glares at her son as I just stand there dumbfounded.

"I told you, Max, I will not have a gay son. Maggie is perfect for you. You both like the same things, you're both intelligent, from rich families and she can give you what that guy can't. Children!"

I was liking this woman less and less. My wolf was getting angry too.

"So what!" I shout, causing everyone to look at me. "Have you ever asked him if he wants children, not everyone does. Plus, if he does there's a thing called adoption or surrogacy. Lots of same-sex couples do that. You don't need to be with the opposite sex to have a family."

I could see Max give me a proud look, or something similar. If we were alone I would puff out my chest a little.

How mother glares at me.

"Have you ever thought about the child you two would have huh? How embarrassed they would be, to have two dads and no mum. They would get picked on and teased," she is quickly getting on my nerves.

I take a step towards her and she steps back.

"I was never embarrassed by my two dads. I was never bullied for having two dads. Both of my dads love me and have taught me to be respectful and kind to everyone no matter who they love. You're lucky that you are his mum, as I wouldn't be as respectful to you."

She looks like she has just sucked an extremely sour lemon. The young blonde steps up cocking her hips at me.

"Just who the hell are you? Are you someone famous or rich? Can you match his family? I come from the same circles, the same background. I speak his language and I won't embarrass his family name."

Max stops me from growling at her with a hand on my shoulder.

"Speak my language? Are you kidding me? My family are leagues above yours, we don't run in the same circles because I would die of boredom if I spent even a fraction of my time with the likes of you."

Max's mother steps up to her son with an evil glint in her eyes.

"Max I mean it, if you don't cut ties with this boy and stop embarrassing your family then I will cut you off. No money, car, tuition even this place will be gone," she threatens him.

At first, I'm shocked that she could be so cold and worried that a flashy guy like him might choose to still have all of that over being with a guy. I shouldn't have bothered worrying.

Max smirks at his mum, as he folds his arms.

"You already stopped giving me money in high school, you even convinced dad. Thankfully Grandma and Grandpa don't like you very much, but they love me. They know what I am and have even introduced me to many guys when I've stayed with them.