"Yes," he said. "Now hurry! You've got to leave."

"No," said Sarah. "We're staying with you. We'll fight this together."

"Please," said Barnaby, grabbing her hands. He didn't care that the others were there, he didn't care that Diego was watching him with furious eyes. He needed her to understand. He couldn't let her die because of his mistakes. "Please, if you really love me, then go."

Again, she shook her head. "That's why I'm staying."

She glanced back at the others, who nodded slowly. They would stay if she stayed. Barnaby glanced around at his friends, loving them and hating them at the same time for their loyalty. They were so brave and so stupid. 

He nodded. "Then--"

"Stupefy!"

******************

Twenty Death Eaters had appeared out of nowhere, overtaking the unprepared group easily. They'd tied them up, taken their wands, and sat them in a group on the ground while a half-dozen made a search of their tents. 

"You've made a big mistake," Merula spat at the hooded figures. "You're going to pay for this. I'll snap every one of your necks."

Her murderous glare was diminished somewhat by two black eyes.

"Well well well, if it isn't the Snyde girl," said one of the Death Eaters, a large, rasping man. "And here were all were thinking you was dead." He nudged his companion on the arm. "You were right about bagging several prizes, Andrel. Her dearest mummy will be so happy to hear she's alive."

Merula swore profusely at him, but Jacob looked up at the name.

"Andrel?"

The Death Eater who'd been nudged removed his mask. 

"Aiden!" Elena cried, fighting furiously with her bonds.

Aiden watched her struggling like he was watching a fly try to escape a spider's web. With interest, disgust maybe, but no pity. 

"You did this, didn't you?" said Jacob. He looked from Elena, still struggling to get closer to her brother, to Barnaby, who was looking down at the ground, still recovering from being stunned. "You brought them here."

"What?!" yelled Merula. "I'll kill the both of you!"

"Enough chit-chat," said the Death Eater who'd first spoken. "We've got two traitors who'll we'll deal with accordingly, but who are the rest of you?"

"That one there's called Barnaby Lee," said Aiden, pointing. "He tried to keep it from me, but I saw more of his mind than he thought." He grinned. 

"Make that three traitors," said the first Death Eater. "Blights upon their family trees and worse than mudblood filth in the eyes of the Dark Lord."

"Aiden," whispered Elena, tears falling down her face. "Please..."

Aiden did nothing. 

"This might be above my paygrade," said the rasping Death Eater. "We'll let someone higher up know what we've got in case they want to question 'em. Until then, I say we take 'em to the pit."

The surrounded Death Eaters erupted in laughter. 

Sarah called out to Jacob in her mind. 

              Can you do something? 

Surely with all his dark power, he could take these guys down. 

Not this many, not without a wand. Then, Your boyfriend has killed us all.