"Wow," I said, wide-eyed at the chaos. "This is your classroom?"

"Probably like this in yours too," Levi responded, leaning on one leg while apparently formulating a plan to get off on a good start.. I smiled back at him, wishing him good luck. He read my telepathic message and smiled back at me. It wasn’t even necessary, this twin telepathy, but we still didn’t.

"Look! It's the new students!" Someone shouted out and everyone turned to stare at us as if we were aliens. I started becoming self-conscious. Did I have a pimple on my face? My hand absent-mindedly travelled up to my head.

 "Hi there," Levi grinned confidently. I wished I had his lion's heart. Why did he get the good genes? "I'm Levi, and this is my sister Lexi, who's in 10E."

I stood there shaking like I was in Antarctica. Everyone turned to their friends and nodded, accepting us. Their gaze turned back to us. Actually, correction. Their gaze turned back to Levi. I could tell that the girls were all falling in love at that very moment, while the boys were thinking, wow, he's gonna be an awesome mate.

Not me.

I knew he would be a hit with the girls!

But I guess this wasn't my class, so I had no right to feel sorry for myself.

"Heya, Levi," one of the girls batted her eyelashes and flicked her eyelashes. She looked like one of the typical blonde Barbies that you saw in movies, with their blonde hair and blue eyes who were probably appearance-obsessed and thought they were the best people in the world. "Come and sit with us. I'm Ashley. I'd love you to be our friend!"

I could clearly figure out she wanted it to be more than friends. I chuckled to myself, hoping I had shown Levi enough girly films for him to say no. I took a quick glance out of the window in the door. Some of the other Year Ten classrooms were virtually empty, so I figured that everyone was in this classroom. After all, there wasn't a rule against going into other people's classrooms. Was there?

Levi nodded, brushing back his short hair with his fingers. 

“Hollister model,” I heard someone mutter from near me. I rolled my eyes. I didn’t exactly want to see my brother topless and modelling underwear on a paper bag, but oh well.

He started sauntering to the group, and as usual, I followed. I couldn't help myself. I watched him as he jumped onto the table beside Ashley (really, Levi?), I suddenly felt something smack my knees.

And being the clumsy person I was, I tripped over somebody's leg and brought the person down with me. As I flew to the ground, I made a mental note. Levi’s back will not save your life from tripping over something, so don't ignore the ground and stare at your brother falling in love with blonde bimbos.

Oh wait. I have blonde hair and I'm not a bimbo. Don't judge people by their hair colour, Lexi.

My body slammed on the hard carpet, and I knew there would be bruises the next morning. I sat up from the dusty floor (did they even use vacuums in this place?) and felt a wet patch on my tights.

Have I wet myself?

Thankfully, it didn't feel as warm as urine. But when I swivelled around and saw who I brought down with my little accident, I felt a whole lot worse. There was a girl with dark hair in ringlets next to me, with heavy make-up shooting daggers at me. When I saw the empty Sprite can in her hands, I realised what the liquid was. 

Sprite.

She had even more of it on her than me – not just on her thighs, all over her legs and probably designer shoes by the looks of it – and she stared at me with angry eyes. I immediately hung my head down in guilt. She looked furious that I had spoilt her too-short skirt and her virtually transparent tights.