nineteen

"Oh yeah, this one was definitely more personal." Emily says.

She crouches down next to the victims body. Spencer stands next to her, Emily looks up at him.

"Did they find the murder weapon?" She asks.

"Yeah, they found another knife in the bathroom, didn't try to clean it though. They found prints on it, but they aren't enough to pull from." Reid crouches down too.

"Well, seems like they're already devolving and this is only their second victim." Emily stands back up, Spencer doing the same.

Sophia walks up to Hotch, who's standing in the kitchen.

He looks stressed out.

"Do we know how the victims are connected?" She asks.

"Not at all." Hotch stares into space with his arms crossed.

"What is it?"

"We've got two murders, locally, and absolutely no lead." He snaps out of it and looks at her.

"We'll find out who did it. Sooner or later, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." Hotch bit his inner cheek, thinking about a promise he made a few years ago.

He turns and walks into Carolina's bedroom.

"No sign of a struggle," Morgan shrugs, "and most of the blood is on the bed, so it's possible the unsub just killed her on her bed in her sleep, and dragged her on the floor."

"Wouldn't there be drag marks on the bed and floor?" JJ suggests.

"There would be, unless the unsub picked her up and set her down." Reid says.

Hotch's phone starts ringing, catching everyone's attention.

He answers it and steps out of the room.

"Hello?"

"What, why?"

The other end of the call isn't heard.

He lifts his hand to his forehead. Whatever the person is saying on the line is adding more stress to him at the moment.

"Okay."

"Yeah, I'll pick her up now." He pulls the phone away from his ear and hangs up.

Hotch walks back into the bedroom, "I've gotta go. I'll be back as soon as I can. Call me if anything changes or happens." He nods at them and walks out of the house.

Hotch gets into his SUV and starts driving.

After about fifteen minutes of driving, he makes it to his brothers house.

Addie, Hotch's niece, is sitting on the front porch.

Aaron gets out of his car and walks up to the porch, "Go wait in the car, I need to talk to your dad."

Addie nods at her uncle and walks over into the SUV, getting inside.

Aaron walks inside, there he sees Sean, sitting on the couch with a cigarette in his hand.

"You're back to smoking again?" He crosses his arms.

"Work is stressful."

"What work?! I haven't seen you hold a job in your entire life, Sean!" He raises his voice.

"Calm down, jesus." Sean takes a drag from his cigarette.

"I love Addie and all, but I've got my job and Jack," He rubs his forehead and sighs, "You need to get your act together. I don't care if i'm not your parent. You," He points at Sean, "are grown and you have a kid. You are responsible for taking care of her."

Hotch leaves the house, lookin' all cool with his black suit.

He gets into the SUV, and starts it.

Addie sits in the backseat, "You can sit up front if you want." Hotch says in a monotone voice.

"Oh, it's okay."

"Alright."

"We have to go back to a crime scene for a case i'm working, are you okay with that?" He asks, his voice isn't as monotone as before.

"Yeah, that's fine." She nods and leans back in her seat.

Minutes pass and Hotch pulls into the driveway do Carolina Gonzales' house.

"Will you be okay staying out here? I'll have someone come out here to keep you company." Aaron asks, still sitting in his seat and looking back at her.

"Yeah." She nods.

He nods too and gets out of the car. Addie gets out too.

Hotch goes inside, "Rossi, can you go keep an eye on my niece?"

"Yeah, sure." Rossi's goes outside and waves to the girl leaning against Hotch's black SUV.

"Hey kid, how are ya doing?" Rossi asks, leaning against the car, but keeping his distance so she doesn't get uncomfortable.

"Good, I guess."

"What do you mean 'I guess'?" Rossi asks, tilting his head a bit.

"Well, because 'work is too stressful' for my dad." She quotes her dad. She had overheard her dad and uncle arguing, as they were louder than they thought.

Rossi frowns a little, "You think you're the 'work'?" He guesses.

Addie nods, looking at Rossi.

"I'm very sure that your dad loves you very much. Having kids is stressful, but I'm sure he really means work and it's not a metaphor for you."

"He doesn't have a job. I don't even know how we still have a house."

"Oh."

The team walks out of the house. Sophia and Reid walk together, Hotch and Emily are in front.
JJ is behind everyone. The coroner walks out lastly, taking the body with them.

"Woah is that a dead body."

"Yeah." Hotch says, a little concerned as to the fact that Addie sounds amazed.

Hotch gets back into the front seat, Addie gets into the passengers seat, and Sophia and Reid get into the backseat.

Rossi, JJ, Emily, and Derek get into the other SUV.

"What's your name?" Reid asks Hotch's niece, trying to make conversation.

"Addie. What's yours?"

"I'm Spencer." He smiles.

Addie looks into the backseat and at Sophia, "What's your name?"

"Sophia." She smiles too.

Addie nods and then situates herself back into her seat, since Hotch starts to drive off.

Then Addie replays something in her head. She turns back, facing the backseat again, with her eyebrows furrowed.

This makes both Spencer and Sophia confused.

"You two are dating?" She asks them.

Hotch looks into his rearview mirror, to glance at the two in the backseat.

"What? No, we're just good friends." Reid says.