five

Sophia lays in her bed in the hotel she's staying at. Her and Emily share a room, Emily had insisted in doing so.

It's been a few days since she was released from the hospital and Spencer comes over when they aren't working on the case.

She glances over to her nightstand to see a book, wrapped in baby blue wrapping paper with a sticky note on top. it reads,

'GET BETTER SOON -SPENCER'

Sophia smiles and unwraps the small gift. She finishes unwrapping it, revealing a book. It's a biography of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

She continues smiling to herself and holds the book in her hands. Chuckling softly at the fact that he remembered that she likes Doyle's work.

She opens it up and starts reading, taking her time to process each word on each page. It was a pretty thick book so she isn't expecting to finish it anytime soon.

Someone walks through the door, "Gotta grab something really quick, i'll be out in just a second." The voice says.

Sophia looks over at the door to see Emily picking up her duffle back and then setting it on the bed.

"how ya feeling?" Emily asks, searching through her bag.

"I'm feeling alright, do you know when spencer dropped this off?" Sophia asks, raising the book in the air and waving it a little.

Emily stops searching in her bag for a moment and stands up straight, "You didn't see him bring it?"

She shakes her head, "no."

"Have you left this room at all today? Maybe he wanted it to be a surprise." Emily suggests and goes back to searching her bag.

"I left to go down and get breakfast, but I came right back up after I grabbed food, so I was down there no more than five minutes," She pauses to think before speaking again, "Whatcha lookin' for?"

"My phone. Have you seen it?"

"Oh, no I haven't. I mean, the last time I saw it was the dresser, but I guess it isn't there. Ask Reid maybe?" Sophia shrugs.

"Yeah okay, I'll ask. Do you need anything before I leave?"

"No, thank you, I'm good." She smiles at Emily. Emily smiles back at her and places her bag back on the floor, then walking out of the hotel room, locking the door behind her.

Sophia sighs and reopens the book. She turns over on her side, grabbing the blanket and pulling it over her some more. Hotel beds are never the comfiest, but they work.

Her eyes follow every word before a knock is heard from the door. She automatically knows it's not Emily, because if it was, she wouldn't have knocked.

"Who is it?" Sophia calls out.

"Your amazing boyfriend." The voice on the other side calls back. He sounds joyful, "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, give me a minute."

She tears a peace of paper that was sitting on the nightstand and leaves it in the book as a bookmark.

Out of the bed she goes and she slips a shirt on, seeing as she was only in a sports bra and leggings. She walks over to the door and unlocks it, opening the door, revealing her one and only boyfriend.

She smiles and so does he. They hug and he shuts the door behind them. Almost immediately he starts kissing her neck and moves his hands to her waist.

Sophia goes along with it for a minute before processing what might happen. She pushes him away, "I don't want to." She states.

A confused look grows on his face but disappears almost instantly, "Ok, that's fine." He sounds slightly annoyed.

He looks over Sophia's shoulder over to the bed and smiles, "I see you got my gift."

Sophia tilts her head and furrows her eyebrows. She briefly points over to the book and chuckles awkwardly, "It said it was from Spencer..not you." She sounds confused.

"Well I knew that if I used his name you would for sure open it."

"Babe, I would open it regardless. How'd you know what hotel room I'm in?" She was getting a little nervous but stayed calm enough for it not to show.

"I asked around. Anyways, I'll let you rest," He kisses her forehead. "If you need anything, give me a call," He smiles, "Oh can I use your bathroom really quick?"

"Go for it." She goes to sit back on her bed.

She grabs the book and pulls it near her. Her eyes glance over to the sticky note that was attached to the gift prior to opening it.

'GET BETTER SOON - SPENCER'

She keeps repeating the phrase in her head. Getting distracted from her thoughts at the sound of her boyfriend's voice again.

"Thanks, and once again, I always have my phone on me so give me a call when you need." He nods at her. She nods back and he leaves.

She lets out a relieving sigh and falls backwards onto her bed.

Her eyes close and there she goes, drifting off asleep.

Within minutes of falling asleep she opens her eyes, realizing something. She picks up her phone and calls Garcia.

The phone rings once and Garcia picks up, "Hey beautiful what's up?" She asks in her joyful tone of voice that we all love to hear.

"When Reid writes a letter to someone who isn't feeling well, he would write 'Get well soon' not 'Get better soon' right? Considering 'Get better soon' is grammatically incorrect." Sophia asks, speaking somewhat fast.

Nothing is heard on Garcia's end for a second, "I would assume so, but I mean, the last time I got a letter like that was when I got shot by some man I went on a date with. Which was a good while ago, so I don't quite remember." She keeps that joyful tone and chuckles a bit.

"Men, ammirite?" Holmes smiles and then her eyebrows furrow once more, "Hey could you hack into some cameras for me?"

"Anything for you, darling."

"Okay, the Raindown Hotel in Dallas, Texas." Sophia says, looking around her room while she patiently waits.

Clicking on the keyboard is heard on the other end of the call. This lasts for a good minute before another word is spoken.

"Time frame?" Garcia asks.

Sophia thinks for a second, trying to remember what time she had gone down for breakfast this morning. She rubs her head.

"Sophia?"

"Sorry, um, eight-thirty to eight thirty-five? Try that." She bites her inner cheek.

Some more typing on a keyboard is heard, "Is everything okay?" Penelope asks.

"Just a headache. In that time frame, make sure you're looking at the camera that's at the front of the hotel, look for a man with brown hair, maybe a casual t-shirt and jeans? He's fairly tall."

"There's no one there sweetheart." Her joyful tone dials down a bit.