𝟭𝟳 || 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗺𝗲

╔══════ ♥ ══════╗

↳ 17 , promise me

warnings : violence

warnings : violence

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

❝swim with me,
i think i could see the beach❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Jean finished carefully wiping you down with a damp cloth and pressed a kiss to your forehead as you lay back in the bed, wearing nothing but his shirt and a pair of underwear.

He climbed in alongside you, taking you into his arms, your head in close to his chest the whole time. At last, you felt home, in his hold.

You reached a hand up to his upper-arm, stroking it and drawing circles on his skin lightly, before intertwining your fingers with his and letting out a tired, but happy, sigh.

"Jean?" you whispered to him.
"Hmm?" he hummed.
"Promise me you'll stay safe on the mission tomorrow..."
"y/n, you know I can take care of myself-"
"Just promise me."
"...I promise," Jean mumbled into you ear, and laid a comforting kiss on your cheek.

He took your face in his hands and gazed down at you before speaking again.  "But you have to promise too...  I don't want you pushing yourself too hard."

You nodded slowly, knowing that what he said was right.  There would be no use of your power if you were simply dead.

"...Also, Jean..." you cut through the silence.
"What?"
"You owe me a new shirt."

He looked over you, eyes hooded, a smirk plastered across his face. At the foot of the bed was your torn up shirt, the one Jean had broken free from.

"You can keep mine," he mumbled, nuzzling further into your neck as the vibrations of his voice buzzed against your skin.

That night, you slept better than you ever had before. Your exhaustion paired with the loving warmth of Jean's arms soothed you to sleep, and the life-risking expedition tomorrow was so far into the back of your mind.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The next morning, you felt yourself come awake, still cuddled into Jean's side, him pulling you in close as your head tucked under his.  You lifted your head so you could get a good look of his peaceful face, fast asleep, the sweet expression making you smile as he released little light snores.

Deep down, you knew that all this peace would soon be shattered.

You cupped Jean's cheeks gently, watching his eyes flutter open and an easy smile cross his face as he saw you, so close to him. 

"Hey you," you whispered.

His lips skimmed your nose and gave it a soft kiss, before your eyes met again.