Chapter 15: We Must Get Rid Of Adrien Agreste

"Marinette! Plagg is here for your training!" "We made it back just in time." Chloe says as we take off our disguises. "You guys cut it close!" "Sorry Tikki." I say. "Marinette! Never leave guests waiting!"

"Sorry mother! I'll be right down." I quickly fix my dress and walk downstairs. "It's about time. Punctuality is very important for a Queen." "Sorry mother." "I trust that you won't run off again?" "I won't. I give you my word." She nods and walks off.

"Maybe I should actually train you. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble again because of me." "I'm always getting in trouble, so it's nothing new. But it would be best if we trained today. Mother would kill us if we left again."

"Okay so the first rule of training is posture. You must stand and sit with your back straight. No slouching." I nod and fix my posture. "Leave these books on your head and lift your leg up and make chicken noises without the books falling." "Plagg!" "I'm kidding Your Highness. Just walk around with these books on your head."

He places the books on my head and gestures me to start walking. As soon as I move the books fall. "Try it again." I nod and place the books back on my head.

After about 20 minutes I repeat the same thing, but it doesn't help. The books keep falling. "Looks like you'll need a lot more practice Marinette." Tikki teases as she walks down the stairs. "Haha very funny Tikki." I say as she giggles.

"Tikki this is Plagg, my trainer. Plagg this is Tikki, my lady in waiting." "It's a pleasure to meet you." Plagg says as he places a kiss on the back of her hand. As he does this I can't help but notice a slight shade of pink rises to her cheeks.

"Do you want some water?" I ask. "Remain proper. If Her Majesty heard I'll be fired." "Sorry. Would either of you care for some water?" "I can get it." Tikki says. "No! I need a break." "Are you sure? Won't your mother be upset if you did my job?" "This isn't your job and I am merely doing my job as a host." I say as I walk off towards the kitchen.

"Aren't you supposed to be training Dupain-Cheng?"  Chloe asks. I grab her arm and drag her inside the kitchen. "What's going on?" "Shhh! I wouldn't want my mother to hear. Tikki might be into Plagg." "No way!" I smile and lead Chloe to the door. We crack it open enough for us to be able to peek through.

"Shes totally into him!" "And he's totally into her! Look at them. They're adorable." She says. "Oh my gosh! We need to get them together!" "Duh! So what should we do while we let them talk?" She asks and walks deeper into the kitchen.

"We can try to bake something." "Us? Bake? That's not possible Dupain-Cheng. Our parents have never and will never let us lay a finger on microwave." "Well it's a good thing we need an oven to bake." I say as I pull out a bowl and some ingredients.

"What are we even going to make?" "Cookies." I say as I place chocolate chips on the counter. "What else do we need?" "How am I supposed to know? Do I look like a chef to you?" Chloe asks sarcastically and I roll my eyes.

"Maybe you can text Adrien and ask him how to bake cookies." "I can't." "Why not?" "I never got his number." I mumble quickly. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng! You are dating this guy and you don't even have his number?!" "Shhh! Can you be any louder?" I whisper yell. "Sorry."

"It's not like he didn't ask for it." "Then why didn't you give it to him?" "I thought it would've been more fun to sneak out to see him." "But now that you're grounded, you have guards watching your every move more than they already." "Chlo, being grounded has never stopped me from sneaking out before."

"What is taking so long with the water?" Tikki asks as she and Plagg walk into the kitchen. "Young lady, are you trying to ditch training?" Plagg asks with a knowing smile. "Me? Ditch training? I would never." I say dramatically.

"Well you better get back. Her Majesty said she'll check on you after she finishes talking to His Majesty." "I guess we'll reschedule on the baking Chloe." "Thank god!" "You were going to bake?" Tikki asks. "Yeah." I say and she giggles.

"Why are you laughing?" "You've never even touched a cookie tray before." "I have to!" "When?" I hesitate to answer and she giggles even more. "It's not funny!" "You're right. It's not funny." She says and holds in her laugh. I glare at her and we both burst into a fit of laughter.

~Tom~
"We need to speed the plan up." I say as I look over the papers with our plan sketched out on them. "How do you suggest we do that?" "We need to let her see him." "That's absurd! I forbid to let my daughter see that peasant!" "We don't have much of a choice. She needs to get closer to him."

"I'm not allowing her to step foot in that bakery again!" "We could have him come here." "No!" "Sabine-" "I said no Tom! Our daughter should not even breathe the same air as that boy!" "It's the only way." She pauses, thinking about what we should do. "Fine! This plan better work!" "It will."

"I'm only allowing this because once that boy is out of the picture, Marinette will have nothing holding her back from marrying Prince Luka. All we'll need to worry about will be her broken heart." "Are you sure it's worth it Sabine?" "Yes. We must get rid of Adrien Agreste. No matter what." She says.

"Then we shall throw a masquerade ball. We'll invite everyone from the town, so we won't draw suspicion. Do you think you can handle a night of commoners?" "Only for a few hours. I'll go absolutely insane if I'm around them for too long."

"I'll have someone send out the invites. The ball will be next week." I say. "I'll order the servants to start planning right away." Sabine says as she walks out of the room.

~Marinette~
"You're making me use a glass of water now? How can this possibly help with my posture?" "If you don't want the water to spill on you then you need to have good posture." I sigh as he gestures me to start walking.

"That's enough for today." My mom says as she walks into the room. "You may leave now Plagg." "Yes Your Majesty." He says with a bow before leaving.

"Your father and I are throwing a masquerade ball next week." "What's the occasion?" "Your father's birthday of course." She says after a short pause. "But his birthday isn't for another month." "We're celebrating early." "But-"

"Enough with the questions!" "Sorry." "Now think of what you want to wear. I'll send the designer to your room in 1 hour." "Yes mother."