Chapter 28: I Can't Let Her Go

~Marinette~
"Where did you go?" Luka asks as I walk in and sit beside him. "I told you I needed some air." "And talking to his friend is getting air?" "I just ran into him." "You hugged him." "Luka not now. We came to talk about the cake."

"You know what'll happen if you go against your promise." "I'm not stupid. I know what I can and can't do." "Apparently not." "She can talk to whoever she wants." Adrien says. "Adrien-" Gabriel starts.

"You can't just control her." "It's fine." I say. "No it's not Mari! Nothing about this is fine! This is killing me Marinette. It's me you should be with not him." "Hey! Watch it. You wouldn't want this getting back to the King and Queen." Luka says.

"Luka I'm the one that's not allowed to argue. He can't get punished for speaking his mind." "You shouldn't even be defending him!" "I'd defend anyone and you know that. You're only getting upset because it's him."

"Because you're in love with him!" "But I'm marrying you!" "Only to protect him!" "Oh my gosh! Just be glad that you got exactly what you wanted!" "It's not the way I wanted it." "Well it's the way you got it. Either accept it or don't."

"Maybe we should go back to talking about the cake." Gabriel suggests. "That's a good idea." Luka says. "How do you want the cake to be designed?" He asks turning to me. "I don't know."

"Marinette can you at least help a little? Like you said you would." "White." "The cake was already going to be white." "Oh good so you went with my idea." I say sarcastically. "Now you choose the design." I add. "Okay fine." Luka says and continues to talk to Gabriel.

I look up at Adrien and see that he's already looking back. I give him a soft smile before quickly looking away.

"Okay so that's all we need." "It'll for sure be done in time?" Luka asks and Gabriel nods. "Okay let's go Marinette." I nod and we both stand up from the seat.

"I know how much you don't like the royals, so thank you so much for doing this." I say. "It's not like they have much of a choice. This was part of the agreement." I mouth and apology to them as Luka walks towards the door.

"Hurry up. We have a lot to do today." I sigh as I walk over to Luka and we both leave.

~Adrien~
"You need to learn how to control yourself." "Father-" "This is for your safety! I know you're in love with her, but please don't do anything. I can't loose you again." He says as he pulls me into a hug.

"But I have a plan to stop the wedding." "Did you not just hear as word I said?" My dad asks as he pulls away. "If this was mom, would you be able to just stand by and watch?" "Adrien-" "Answer the question." "No. I wouldn't be able to just watch."

"Then please help me with this." "I don't know." "Father, she's the one. I can't let her go." "Okay what do I need to do?"

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 day until the wedding...
"I'm sorry. Our planes just landed and we got here as fast as we could." "What's this brilliant plan you thought of?" Alya and Chloe say as they walk into the bakery. "We're just waiting for Nino."

"I'm here dudes." "Good. Before I tell you the plan I need to know that you're in." "She's our best friend Adrien." Alya says. "We'd do anything for her." Chloe adds.

"And not only is she the love of your life, but she saved your life. I'd do anything for my best bud's girl." I nod and explain the plan to them.

~~

"How would that even work?" "Yeah wouldn't that be too obvious?" Chloe asks. "No one would be able to notice. Nino is going to hack into the music and he'll make it so loud to the point where you can barely hear what they're saying."

"Okay then." "Are you sure you want to do this Chloe?" Alya asks. "Of course I want to do this. We can't let Dupain-Cheng marry Luka."

"And how do you plan on getting into the wedding for your part? There's no way they'll let you in." Nino says. "Trust me they'll let me in. Not only do I have the cake, but they'd want me to stay and watch. They want me to be miserable and they know I will be if I see her marry another guy."

"So everyone knows what they have to do?" I ask and they all nod. "Okay let's get this plan started then."

_________________________________
A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter is short. I had to end it here because I have something planned for the next chapter and I can't reveal anymore👀😌