The Tale of Two Scrooges!

Start from the beginning

"Uncle Scrooge!" "Aunt ____!" "Mrs. Beakley!"

Several people busted into the kitchen. Huey and Louie looked out of breath. Gladstone and Donald did too, though they clearly hadn't come as far as the kids. Boyd started speaking immediately.

"Dewey fell into a pitfall trap at the arcade we were playing at," Boyd informed us. "I'm sorry. I didn't scan the place when we walked in. It looked safe."

"Uncle Scrooge!" Donald and Gladstone yelled in sync.

"Yes, lads?" he said, clearly annoyed.

"Della went after FOWL alone!" Donald sounded panicked.

"What?" Everyone that had previously been in the kitchen asked, with equal surprise.

"She went to Funzo's?" Beakley was the first piece of all the information together.

"There was a huge scary guy with a steel beak!" Louie said, holding up a photo of Steelbeak on his phone.

"Stealbeak," Beakley mumbled. "Wherever he is Black Herons is not far away. We need to move."

"What do we do with her?" Nega-Scrooge didn't move.

"What's going on?" Webby walked in and could see the seriousness on everyone's face.

"Webbigail, I need you to hold Ms. Finch for interrogation. We have something we need to handle first."

Webby cracked her knuckles. "Oh, let me go get my Neon Nylon rope!"

"No time, Webbigail." Beakley tossed her some from underneath the counter.

"You can't be serious," Finch said.

"Deadly," Beakley smiled back.

We headed to Donald's car with the sounds of Finch cursing us being muffled by something.

"Could this day get better?" Nega-Scrooge mumbled, dragging behind everyone.

"Welcome to my life," I laughed, dragging him.

Huey gave us a panic debriefing that was no more detailed than Boyd's as Donald floored it to the off brand Chuck E Cheese.

The car ride was tense. Scrooge was in the front seat next to Donald. I was squished between Mrs. B and Gladstone. Louie was in Gladstone's lap; Huey was in Beakley's; and Boyd was in mine.

"So why do you think FOWL would work out of a sideshow attraction like this?" Nega-Scrooge asked as we pulled up.

Before anyone could answer, Boyd grabbed my hand and pulled me through a hoard of toddlers towards the ball pit. The others were on our heels. Huey pointed at a spot in the pit.

"There!"

"Oh yeah," I beamed.

Nega-Scrooge stepped up beside me.

"I'm not going in there." He looked repulsed by the idea.

"I'll go first." Beakley leapt into the balls without hesitation.

I expected her to sink to the bottom and hurt her bottom on the hard floor, but she disappeared. The kids jumped next. One by one they disappeared into the rainbow sea. Donald slipped and knocked himself in, pulling Gladstone along with him. Nega-Scrooge turned toward me.

"Have fun," he started, but I grabbed his collar.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight," I mumbled.

"You did last night," he shot back.

I ignored him and jumped into the ball pit with enough force to drag us both in. I landed on a hard surface and my whole body went numb. Scrooge landed on Donald, who groaned. Gladstone offered me a hand. I snatched it instantly. The kids were already poised by the exit with Beakley.