Chapter 16- Exile

Sahdev's  POV

Sahdev's  POV

When I prayed that 'God save Bhrata Bheem' it never meant that take Ijay, no never. That idiot, how many times did I tell him not to interfere but no he won't listen to me. He needs to get a nice scolding  from everyone once he wakes up and about me, I won't even talk to him after he wakes up. But please God, please keep this ignoramus kid safe. Please God...Please.

Bhrata Karn rode as fast as he could in order to reach the palace. Ijay's head was in Jeysth Bhrata's lap, while the other four of us were rubbing each of his limb. His face looked pale and his body was powerless. But, the thing which was most shocking for me was tears in everyone's eyes including mine as well. We stayed strong always, even when pitashree died but this time we won't be able to bear the pain. This separation will break us all to core.

"Bhrata!Bhrata!" Nakul's panicked voice brought me back "Look at his throat"

His throat area, around the Adam's apple was all bluish purple and he was furrowing his brows . His eyelids twitching.

"Ijay!Can you hear me? Ijay?" Bhrata Arjun asked 

"grr...grr.....my.....th..cough..throat and stomach are on fire." he continued coughing.

"sushhh don't speak you fool" Bhrarta Bheem said as fresh tears made way. 

He tried getting up to reach him but his body was weak as a result of which he failed.

"Keep lying down. Don't try to get up. You need rest. The poison is still in your body." Bhrata Arjun instructed to which Ijay anxiously replied

"It wasn't Bhrata Karn's fault. Trust me, I am........."

"Ijay, listen to me. We know that right . We know him enough to know that he cannot do something like this, so you need not worry and take rest." Jeysth remarked

"but bhrata......"

"Ijay, don't you trust us? " Bhrata countered to which he nodded and I saw his heavy eyelids drifting to sleep.

PALACE

OUTSIDE THE CHAMBER

NAKUL'S POV

Waiting outside the chamber for the royal physician to come out, I actually  for the very first time noticed the fine architecture of the palace. Every nook and corner of the palace was exquisitely handcrafted. Most of the furniture was made of gold and the rays of setting sun made it shine magnificently.