Season 1/ Episode 2/ Part 1 / Wildly Inappropriate

"Good morning Ms. Abby."Apollo and I say 

" My favourite pair of siblings." Ms.Abby says in a deadpan voice.

" You know you love us,"  I say, sticking my tongue put at her.

" Get your butts in there for the pyramid. "

. . . 

Once all the kids were seated in front of her, Abby started speaking. 

"Phoenix was rough. You guys got your butts kicked. Here in Pittsburg, you have one everything, but it's clearly a different story when you get on a plane and fly across the country. For years I took the kids by myself. I made sure their hair was right. I made sure their makeup was right. I put the headpiece on. All the Moms want to go now because they're reliving their childhood through all of you. And now that's when the trouble happens. I am the leader. I am the teacher. You do what I say. When your Mothers are telling you what to do, that's a conflict. You understand?" 

Her attention focuses on Nia. "Now, Nia, how do you think you did?"

"Well, I think we could have been improved," Nia responds.

Abby nods. "What do you need to improve?"

"Pointing my feet," Nia answers timidly.

"Yeah," Abby agrees. "Very sloppy the feet, the leg, your shoulder, your arm. The same mistake over and over and over, and that pulls the group down." she turns her focus to Chloe. "Chloe, the headband was bad. Next time, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to make sure my headpiece stays on," Chloe replies.

"Could you have prevented that?" Abby asks her. Chloe nods her head. "Yes. Good." she moves on to the pyramid. "The group number will be called 'Electricity.' Can everybody say that."

The pyramid went like

LunaMaddie, Apollo Paige, ChloeBrooke, Nia, Mackenzie

"Electricity," everybody mimics.

Abby was excited about this number. It's what she would refer to as west coast Jazz. It's hot, it's sassy, and she hoped it would bring something new from the girls, something that would wow the judges.

"Luna, because you were great this weekend, you didn't give me any trouble, and your mother didn't give me any trouble, you're gonna be in the front in the center for the beginning of the routine." I smile. 

Abby points to the top of the pyramid. "Everybody's goal should be right here. Yes?" They all nod in agreement. "four solos will be competing. Maddie, you will be doing one of your solos, and Luna, you will be one yours. Chole a solo for you. Will you shine. Finally, Apollo, you will be doing a solo.  Apollo will not be in the group routine. Everybody up, Moms, you are dismissed. Thank you."

After the girls had finished warming up, Abby started teaching them the routine.

"Up, down, down. Switch split," Abby directs. "Step, hit, ball change."

. . .

"Here we are sitting here like a bunch of jackasses," Christi comments as she and the other Moms watched their girls run the group routine.

She wanted Chloe to do well. Her goal this season is for Chloe to beat Maddie and luna. It was her job to make that possible.

Kelly points down at the studio. "Did you hear that talk in there? Be like Luna, be like luna."

"I know I hate it," Melissa tells her.

" Excuse me, " I say 

"Who's at the bottom of the pyramid?" Holly asks, suddenly changing the topic. "Nia's at the bottom of the pyramid, and it's not right."