Season 1/ Episode 1/ Part 2 / The Competition Begins

I watch as my little sister rushes forward and can't help but roll my eyes. I walk in with my mom right behind me. I see Ms. Abby scolding luna and telling her to hurry up. Luna rushes away, this time speed walking. " hello, Ms. Abby and Ms. Ziggler." I call, Ms. Abby and Ms. Ziggler turn to me, and Ms.Abby says, "Welcome back Apollo, get in for pyramid and do you think you can calm down your sister."

 I wince a little. Maybe giving her Fuzzie Peaches as motivation was not such a great idea. Well, nobody needs to know. " Of course, Miss. Abby," I say with a charming smile, "uh hum and make sure not give her sugar before class again." Ms.Abby states, "Apollo" I hear my mom scold. "I need to get to the pyramid," I say in a rush before running into the dancer's den. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All right, girls and boys, it's the first day of rehearsal for the new competition season. Ladies and Gentlemen, you all know why you're here. You are the cream of the crop in your age group, and I have lots of new ideas in store," Ms.Abby tells the 8 of us. 

I look around at the girls also selected and sigh, for god's sake. Why is Chole doing here? I don't really know her, but luna always complains about not getting along with her. It's not that there mean or she is to them. It's just they don't get along, opinions different, and luna is always hyper, and Chole is the opposite. 

Ms.Abby starts talking again, "I am going to do something that no other studio in the country does. Every single competition, we are doing a new routine," fingers snapped when a few girls turned to look at their mothers. I look at luna briefly from the corner of my eye, good she is focused on the back of the blackboard and Ms.Abby. She is starting at the blackboard like she could to turn around and show the pyramid."Uh-uh-uh-uh, girls, don't look at your mothers. I am the coach; I am the teacher. I can make you, or I can break you."

Done admonishing the girls, Ms. Abby turns the blackboard she was standing in front of to reveal the pyramid. On top of the pyramid was Maddie. The second row is Luna, Me and Chloe. The third row was filled by Brooke, Paige, Nia, and Mackenzie.

Maddie

Luna    Apollo   Chloe   

Brooke     Paige       Nia        Mackenzie 

Ms. Abby starts talking again, "Everybody wants to be on top, of course, but you have to work for it. Everybody wants to be front and center; I hear it all the time. You know what? Whoever is in the front, they can't make a mistake. They are holding that group together. So at the top right here, I have Maddie because she is dedicated and because of her stellar record last here. Maddie, are you ready to be front and center? Can you handle that pressure?" Maddie nods in an affirmative. 

Abby then starts talking about competition "Our first competition is going to be in Phoenix, Arizona. Kids, I chose Phoenix, Arizona, because I want you to experience some of the best competition teams in the country. We're gonna do four new numbers. A high-energy, really cute, adorable routine with Maddie, Chloe, Paige, Brooke, Luna and Nia and then also a trio with Maddie, Chloe, and Paige.  A duet with Apollo and Luna, Apollo also has a solo, Unfortunately, Mackenzie, you're too young to compete at West Coast Dance Explosion, but you're still going to go with us anyway." 

I am not in the group dance then. That doesn't really matter to me because it doesn't seem to be the type of dance I would really enjoy. I am 11 years old and a boy. I don't want to be CUTE  the horror. I also have a duet and a solo so that I will be dancing as much as the others. Not to brag, but I don't think there has not been a time when I have not danced a duet with my sister and lost. 

"Kids, we are going to win in Phoenix, and the next competition we're going to win and the next competition we're going to win, and that's all gearing up for nationals. So let's get to it. We're going to begin the choreography so moms, you can be dismissed and girls, let's go to Nationals and bring home the winning trophy? All right?"

We all get up, and Ms.Abby starts leading stretches.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh we're back to dance jail up here," Christi mutters as the moms walk up the stairs. She takes a seat on the bench and sighs. "I'm not a big fan of this new pyramid thing. Because to me, that's more like a Bermuda triangle than a pyramid. Like..."

"It's very divisive," Holly agrees. "Someone's at the top; someone's at the bottom. No teacher does that in a classroom. "Like you're the star pupil, and you're down here."

"So, are we surprised by who's on top of the pyramid?" Kelly asks her fellow Moms.

"I would have been shocked if someone else had been there, Actually it could have been Luna or Apollo to" Holly responds. " But if it was anyone else, Now that would have been surprising. Not surprised that she's on top though."

I scoffed in my head. My little moon and sun could have been at the top easily but that was because of hard work. To be one of Abby's favourites you have to be dedicated and a good dancer that works hard and delivers. Even then Maddie earned that spot but the moms just play it off as favouritism. Why do I even put up with them. Oh, right for my little moon and sun to shine. 

_____________________________________________________________________