Season 1/ Episode 1/ Part 4 / The Competition Begins

"Alright, let's get this luggage moving," Abby tells the moms and kids once they arrived. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. No, No, No, No!" Abby exclaims as Holly went to help Nia with her luggage.

"She has two pieces of luggage, Abby," Holly replies.

"She brings it. She carries it," Abby reprimands; she gestures for the kids to start walking. "Now remember that competition starts right now when you walk into this building. Do you understand me?"

"Yes," the kids reply.

Abby nods. "Let's go." The group follows Abby into the hotel.

"Abby Lee Miller, I need to check in," Abby says to the attendant. Behind her, she heard a burst of loud laughter that could only belong to Kelly and Christi; She is not surprised when Abby turns and says. "Shh! Ladies, library voices."

Christi rolls her eyes and looks down at her daughter. "Ladies. Library voices." she mimics Abby, placing her fingers to her lips.

"Okay, listen to me," Abby tells the girls once she was finished checking in. "I don't want any flip-flops. I don't want booty shorts walking through here. You make sure you are covered and dress appropriately," the girls nodded, and my little sun makes a face. "Okay, let's go. I have the room number."

Abby leads the team into the hallway in search of their dressing room.

Once they found their dressing room, the moms and the kids instantly started setting up for the competition. Competitions are always a whirlwind. Everybody was trying to do their hair, makeup and find the best spot to get ready.

"Hey, how are we doing in here?" Abby asks them.

"Good," Melissa responds as she did Maddie's makeup.

I look at luna. I am finishing her group makeup. 

I look at Apollo and see he is done applying the duet makeup.

I like it strong, dark and mysterious. 

"I hate this last-minute crap, ladies," Abby complains. "Okay, where are the hats? Can I see the hats?"

Holly places a finished party hat on top of Nia's head. "It looks nice. I think they're great."

"No, that's good," Abby agrees.

"Christi did it," Christi boasts.

Abby grimaces. "Oh, oh, okay. Listen! Get them in hair and makeup and get ready to go."

Abby sits down at a table with the unfinished party hats and starts decorating them.

"Ok, tell me what you want me to do, and I'll do it," Melissa tells Abby, taking the seat opposite of Abby.

The fact that the hats weren't done an hour before the girls were supposed to go onstage is typical for the Abby Lee Dance company. Us moms were always stoning costumes five minutes before they go on; everything was always last minute,