17. Cigarette daydreams

The rest of their group arrived non of them commenting on Alex and Georges current position. George decided he needed to wake the boy so he could get him to eat so he begun tapping his back. Alex let out a groan and sleepily lifted his head from Georges shoulder looking the older boy in the eye.

"Good morning sunshine" George laughed as he brushed Alex's fringe from his face. George leant forward enough that so he could whisper in Alex's ear.
"Babe it's lunch and everyone's here" George whispered. Alex nodded and smiled, he leant forward and joined their lips. He pulled away and smiled at George who raised an eyebrow.
"Oh is that how it is" George smirked at Alex, who only smiled and turned himself in Georges lap to face the group of very shocked people in front of him.

"What?" George asked when Gee rapidly pointed between the two boys.
"You... what was that?" Gee questioned.
"Yeah what did we just witness" Lewis asked.
"Oh that? That was just me kissing my boyfriend" Alex smiled as George wrapped his arms around the younger boys waist, resting his chin on his shoulder.

"I TOLD YOU I KNEW IT... I SAID IT WOULD HAPPEN JIM AND YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME" Will shouted.
"DAMN will you were right fucking hell" James replied.
"Ohhhhh my god you cuties" Gee smiled.
"Nah that's so cute I can't" Fraser cooed.
"Ayyyy well in lad" Stephen said as he high fived George.
"You two are so sweet" Mia hummed.
"I'm so happy for you two" Aria added.

"Thank you guys it means a lot to us. I would also like to say I know this is like shocking or whatever but I'm gay" George breathed.
"That's cool man" Lewis confirmed.
"So how long? How long have you hidden this from us because me and Jim walked in on you cuddling like two weeks ago" Will asked.
"Oh like just a little over a week" Alex confirmed leaning back against George.

"OH MY GOD I get why George knows Alex was tossing and turning last night... it's because they sleep together... because they're dating" Stephen realised. Aria and Mia both begun clapping sarcastically slowly.
"An the award for smartest idiot goes to the one and only Stephen Lawson" Aria laughed patting Stephens back.
"I'm sorry it didn't click, I thought George was straight" Stephen chuckled.

Alex gave Gee a look from the side of his eye and smirked.
"I can confirm he is definitely not straight" Alex commented as he pulled down the neckline of the hoodie he was wearing to reveal a dark hickey on his collar bone. George gasped and pulled Alex's hoodie back up covering the area with his hands.

"Damn George is a savage" Lewis teased. George groaned and buried his face in Alex's neck.
"Awww look at George he's blushing" Will chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Mias shoulder.
"He's a softie really" Alex whispered, George letting out another groan from behind Alex.

"Right this is adorable and everything but what are you gonna do about the rest of the school finding out" James asked gently. Alex's body stiffened slightly causing George to lift his head.
"We're keeping it just to us lot until we leave this hell hole... we've only got like 10 months left anyway" George explained. Everyone nodded and made expressions of understanding and agreement.

"Speaking of leaving this place what are we all doing when we leave?" Stephen asked.
"Me and George are moving to London together we're doing YouTube.... and George has another secret passion but he'd kill me for telling you" Alex grinned.
"Fraser and me are getting a flat in London too and I'm going to uni there for languages... I'm becoming trilingual" James confirmed.
"I'm going to Manchester to do standup" Stephen declared.
"I'm going to do a makeup artistry course but I'm staying here with Mum for a bit... gonna miss James though" Aria pouted.
"I'm going to Uni in London to do Law" Mia added.
"I have a editing job lined up so me and Will are probably gonna get a fat together so Mia can stay with us" Gee explained.
"And I'm coming to London too some old mates have a flat they need a third person for" Lewis finished.

"So that leaves us all in London except Stephen and Aria... you better come and visit us" Will warned. The others laughed finding it funny that Will even suggested they wouldn't visit. The ten of them were the best of friends practically joined at the hip, some more than others but joined at the hip non the less.

Lunch was over and Alex and George were walking hand in hand a few paces behind the test of their group.
"I still don't understand why you don't want them to know about your music and singing" Alex sighed, kissing his boyfriends cheek.
"Because Al it's no good and it's not going anywhere" George replied squeezing Alex's hand. Alex sighed at his boyfriends stubbornness this was a constant battle in their relationship, George not believing in himself and Alex trying to reassure him.

"You're brilliant George" Alex stated.
"I'm not any good babe and you're only saying that because I sing you to sleep" George smiled.
"That's because you have the voice of an angel... my angel" Alex whispered.

~Authors note~
That's the end
I have written an epilogue chapter set 3 years in the future and I'm just gonna say🥺