Gryffindor V Slytherin

Start from the beginning

Kirra and Harry, who had grown to be very observant people, noticed at once that Snape was limping. Kirra, Harry, Ron, and Hermione moved closer together to block the fire from view; they were sure it wouldn't be allowed. 

Unfortunately, something about their guilty faces caught Snape's eye. He limped over. He hadn't seen the fire, but he seemed to be looking for a reason to tell them off anyway.

"What's that you've got there, Potter?" It was Quidditch Through the Ages. Harry showed him. "Library books are not to be taken outside the school," said Snape. "Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor."

"He's just made that rule up," Harry muttered angrily as Snape limped away. "Wonder what's wrong with his leg?"

"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him," said Ron bitterly and the four of them sighed before going back into the castle.

"I'll see you guys later" Kirra suddenly said as she noticed the familiar locks of chocolate hair, the boy was sitting by himself at one of the seats along the side of the corridor, he was wrapped up tightly in his jumper and was reading a book

"where are you going?" Harry asks her, upset that he hadn't been able to spend much time with her recently, though it was hard when they were in two opposing houses.

"I forgot that I was meant to be meeting JJ and Max in the library" she lied quickly. Sure she felt bad about lying to her brother, but if her brother knew she was planning on going to talk to the Slytherin boy, he would definitely do whatever he could to stop her

"oh okay, well, see you later I guess" Harry told her and gave her a quick hug, no pestering her on the subject.

"see you later, bye guys" Kirra said and waved to Ron and Hermione

"Bye Kirra"

"see you later"

Kirra left and went around a corner, waiting for the trio to leave before going back into the hallway and carefully making her way over to the Slytherin boy. Once she got a few meters away from him she stopped, contemplating on whether or not this was a good idea, after all, he hadn't talked to her since she was in the hospital wing and they weren't friends.

"after something Potter? Or are you just going to stand there all day like a creep?" Mattheo suddenly spoke up, not lifting his head from the book in front of him which seemed to frighten the Hufflepuff a little bit since she was in thought

"right, sorry uhh... I just wanted to thank you for taking me to the hospital wing the other night, if you hadn't come around the corner, I probably would have bled out, so thanks for saving me" she said to him and gave him a small, thankful smile.

Mattheo looked up from his book and stared at the girl with an unreadable look on his face, he had never been thanked for anything before, and certainly not for saving someone's life, and ironically, the life that he had supposedly saved belonged to a Potter. 

If only his dad could see him now. His eyes narrowed slightly as he looked at the girl silently, she began to shift awkwardly under his harsh gaze

"I don't know what you are talking about" Mattheo suddenly said, his face not changing in the slightest, the girl looked taken aback, she was sure that it was him that had saved her

"But I s-"

A rude and almost intimidating laugh fell from the boys lips as he looked at her, "Why would I help someone like you?" he suddenly asked her, this wasn't what he wanted, she shouldn't be thanking him or walking up to him, she needed to stay away from him

"well I just thou-"

"well you just thought wrong, now could you please leave, I am trying to read and you are disturbing me to a great extent," Mattheo said as he looked back down at his book, though he didn't read any of the small black lines in front of him, he had forced himself to look down so he couldn't see the look on her face as he announced the harsh words, he couldn't bare it.