01

Boom!!

An explosion was heard by the river, some of the children near by rush towards the river. They were all curious what has case the explosion. When they arrive there they saw an unconscious girl.

"False alarm it was just another stupid ideas of (Y/n) that caused it." A kid with strawberry blond wavy hair said. "Give up while you still can (Y/n), you'll just embarrassed yourself for that." He added as she look down on her.

(Y/n) finally open her eyes and stood up then dusted her clothes. "Laugh all you want Luis, but I'll be the one laughing at you once I invented something amazing!" She said and pump her fist high. In her mind her sentence were cool, but reality had to kick in and everyone just laugh at her even more.

"HAHAHA What invention? This trash?" Luis pick up a scrap metal on the ground. "You couldn't even master your own magic, now you want to do something too advance? Dream on Nerd!" He laugh and throw the metal scrap at her and all the other kids join. (Y/n) form both of her hands onto a fist, she gather enough mana to create fire on her hands but all she made was a small fire good enough to light a candle.

"HAHAHAHAHAAHA you're nothing but a candle lighter!!" Luis laugh hysterically, and the rest of the kids joined him. "Let me show you true power." He said, place his hand in front of her and blast a shock wave throwing (Y/n) away, making her fall in the river.

"Man she's weak."

"Woah! Luis sure is cool!"

"Give up (Y/n). If you know what's best."

The children gathered around Luis praising him and his cool magic. Luis had this smug on his face feeling proud that he could show off his magic. "Uh Duh! I'm the only one here in our village who's stand the chance on becoming a magic knight." He said and points to himself with his thumb. Everyone was too distracted hearing Luis brag about himself, they didn't notice (Y/n) stood up and quickly ran land a punch on his face.

Luis landed on the floor everyone was shock what she just did. Luis stood up and glare daggers at her. (Y/n) flinch a little, every kid in their village were afraid of him. She tried to act strong but she was too scared of him. "T-Try blasting me again and I'll hit you one more time!" She said glaring back. Luis pop a vain, all of the children step aside they don't want to be blasted away by his magic. He place his palm towards (Y/n)'s direction ready for another blast, but before he could release one a hand grip his wrist.

"Oi kid, don't you know it's rude to bully someone." Luis look at the person and saw a girl with vermillion hair tied up into pony tail.

He glare at her with daggers. "Let go of me if you don't want to get hurt." He snarled at her, but was reply by a stronger grip, he wince in pain she was crushing his wrist.

"Say what?" The girl said, Luis flinch and felt the scary aura from the girl.

He make a 'tsk' sound and pull his hand away. "Whatever. I'm not gonna waste another magic on a weakling." He said and walk away. Some of the kids follow him and the other kids just minded their own business and walk away.

(Y/n) finally exhale, she didn't realize she was holding her breath. She was scared for the girl who just came, Luis might hurt her but is seems that Luis got scared by her first. The girl with vermillion hair look at (Y/n) and approach her.

"You've got some guts kid. You may not have strong magic, but you sure got balls to fight a boy who's taller than you." She said, then reach out her hand. "The names Mereoleona Vermillion."

(Y/n)'s eyes widen when she heard her name. 'A Vermillion?'

Mereoleona snap her finger in front of (Y/n)'s face, she was spacing out. "Hey you still there?" She ask. (Y/n) shook her head and shook Mereoleona's hand.