17, we got a runner

GLANCING AT THE DOORS to the maze for just a moment, Daphne ran to the box, Jeff and Clint following her

GLANCING AT THE DOORS to the maze for just a moment, Daphne ran to the box, Jeff and Clint following her. The entire Glade surrounded the box, Newt and Gally opening the doors before Gally jumped down into the box. Newt looked at her for a moment, giving her a slight smile as Gally pulled the new Greenie out of the box, throwing him on the floor.

She stood up behind Winston and Jeff, jumping slightly, trying to see as the crowd moved to surround the greenie. Both the boys nudged her in front of them so Daphne could see better. The new guy laid on the ground, staring up at the faces that practically studied him before he bolted, pushing his way through the ground.

"We got a runner!" Zart screamed and Daphne walked up to Newt's side just as the new boy tripped, landing on the ground. The Gladers laughed, making Daphne shake her head slightly and tried to hide her smile.

-

Daphne's eyes widened, a smile immediately forming on her face when she saw Trinity, Minho, and Ben run through the doors of the maze.

Pushing some of her hair behind her ears, Trinity panted softly, slowing down her run to Minho's and Ben's pace. Her eyes landed on Chuck, a boy who arrived at the Glade a few months ago, standing next to an unfamiliar boy.

"Look at that, fresh meat." Trinity joked sarcastically and Minho smirked, Ben laughing slightly.

"Hey, Chuck." Ben greeted the boy, glancing at the brunette boy next to him. "New Greenie? How does it feel to be promoted?"

"Feels great, Ben." Chuck grinned and Trinity smiled, waving at him before the three runners made their way to the hut where the map of the maze was.

"Trin!" Daphne ran out of the Med-Jack hut, smiling at her sister.

"Hey," Trinity hugged her quickly, Minho waving her to follow him and Ben. "I'll be back in like five minutes—"

"Hey!" Gally shouted and the two sisters looked towards the door of the maze, seeing the new greenie now on the ground, Gally standing over him.

"Make sure Gally doesn't kill him." Trinity whispered, running after Minho and Ben. Daphne sighed, making her way over like some of the other Gladers.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" The greenie shouted and Daphne's eyes widened, walking over to Newt.

"Just calm down, all right?" Newt spoke up, holding his arm out.

"No, okay? Why won't you tell me what's out there?" He questioned.

"We're just trying to protect you." Alby promised.

"It's for your own good." Daphne added, Newt nodded.

"You guys can't just keep me here." The greenie shouted.

"I can't let you leave." Alby repeated.