LEAD 29: crumbling of camelot

Start from the beginning

      It has to be significant for someone to simply ‘misplace’ an evidence box from the FBI in a place where it could be easily found. Of course, Nikita didn’t hurt Blake because he found the evidence box―no, Nikita only knew of Blake finding out about the JH Complex and that creatures such as Diablos have plausible cause to live on this earth. Nikita had no idea that the Bureau were onto us.

      “No,” Sam’s lips part when he catches onto the same wavelength as me. “No, you can’t seriously think that―”

      “There’s no other explanation for it,” I interrupt. “The FBI is the Department of Justice, there’s no perfect place better than the Bureau to execute the most controversial crimes…just to have it pinned on the innocent.”   

      “Did I do something wrong?” Blake asks.

      “Were there any phrases on the reports you read in that box?” I ignore Blake’s previous question. “Did any of the papers mention an ‘AB’ or ‘PI’?”

      “I don’t know,” Blake winces. “It’s all a blur, all I know is that they were signed off by someone titled as GSP.”

      Greg Stanford Pingelly.

      Damn it, just when I thought I’d get a rest from the case. I inhale deeply through my nostrils and try to calm my heated nerve endings. Whoever planted that evidence box wanted someone’s attention. The FBI sticker was no coincidence, the key is the emblem.

      Each symbol and colour on the FBI seal has special significance, that I do know from my extremely brief encounters with those of the Bureau. I extend my hand to Sam and he places his ID in my palm so I can give it a thorough inspection.

      Blue is the dominant field on the seal, which associates itself with the other colours from the branches of law enforcement. Angel Blue. The scales represent justice and the endless circle of stars denotes unity of purpose, exemplified by the original thirteen states. Laurel leaves mean academic honours, distinction and fame―those with vast knowledge of various types, psychological, anatomical and such are admitted into the FBI. Bureau reached out for a Pathologist. The red and white parallel stripes stands for courage, valour, strength, truth and peace. Blood is red, white is surrender. The Bureau wants all creatures to surrender or die.

      And this, ladies and gentleman, is when I start to panic.

      Q isn’t cautious of the FBI; he is the FBI―he’s warping the case so that he’s on the side of the creatures, using the NYPD as his guineapigs. It’s all a sham, everyone on the good side of law enforcement has been played, the game is in Q’s grubby hands. It always has been.

      All the securities that the NYPD have set in place, all of the precautions and rules we’ve abided by, have all been for nothing. The FBI wants conflict between Officers and Agents, hence why all Angel Blue projects in the past have been revoked and rethought―there’s been no productive cohesiveness for the Final Solution to be set in place, but Sam and I have changed that.

      Our Diablo genes have made the extermination possible.

Unknown:
I told you to shoot me, shoot me to kill.
All of your lead suspects are either acquitted or in custody.
That is no way to win over a jury.
You have failed.

      “Akira?” Banks’ voice hitches.

Me:
I’m going to find you.
And when I do, I will make you pay for Greg’s death.