38: *insert wedding bell noises*

a/n:
- this is the last chapter of the actual story, there will be an epilogue tho 🥰
- don't turn on the music until it gets to the actual part, i'll tell you when, it sets the mood
- Ik most people assume weddings will have the people say "i do" but not always, the way i wrote it doesnt include tht part, apologies

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

"Y/N!!! I SWEAR IF YOU RUN AWAY AT THE ALTER!" Hana shrieked as Kasumi held you down to put on your heels.

"No no no no, please- no i don't wanna- I don't wanna get married anymore- I'm too young- I DON'T WANNA BE LEGALLY ATTACHED TO ANYONE!!!!"

You were having cold feet whilst spouting nonsense. What if you were to regret this later on? Hm? What then? Kenma would probably take half your money if divorce were ever to occur. It wouldn't right? RIGHT?

"WHAT IF HE THINKS THE DRESS IS UGLY!?"
"OH SHUT UP Y/N I APPROVED IT SO OF COURSE IT'S NOT!"

At that moment Akaashi walked in, holding the bouquet you were to walk down the aisle with.

"Cold feet?"

You nodded, suppressing tears that were sure to ruin your makeup if allowed to spill.

He walked over and crouched down in front of you, taking your hands in his and rubbing soothing circles on the back of your hand with his thumb.

"Hey, look at at me y/n."

You lifted your eyes to his to see a stern expression on his face.

"You said yes. Of your own will. You love him, you know you do. He loves you, everyone can see that. You went into this engagement knowing that this day would come. I did not work for the past 7 months on all this decor for it to go to waste. If you don't walk down that isle and become that mans wife I will drag you down the isle and FORCE you to. Ok darling?"

You nodded quickly and dabbed your eyes with a handkerchief. Before standing up and leaning down to give Akaashi a quick forehead kiss as thanks. He smiled and stood up, briefly adjusting your necklace before shoving you in Hana's direction.

"I'm going to get the kids ready. It's almost time to start."

"Y/n..?" a teenage voice came from behind you and you turned around and gasped.

"Oh my god you look gorgeous." you mumbled, staring at your younger step-sister, who you didn't know quite as personally as you wanted to, but you felt it necessary to take this first step in forming a bond, by asking her to be your bridesmaid, along with Hayami and Kasumi. She wasn't your fathers child, but was treated as such anyway. They sported pretty ankle length light f/c dresses, Kasumi and your sister (Sayuri) having an off shoulder look while Hana, obviously your maid of honor, had a single shoulder strap.

You stood there in your dream wedding dress, your hair styled perfectly, all the most fitting accessories applied perfectly to your outfit.

You took a deep breath in, before letting out a long exhale, giving yourself a few chants of encouragement. This was your wedding day, nothing was gonna change that.

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

Kenma stood at the alter, nervously rubbing his hands together nervously while Hinata gave him a pat on the back as encouragement.

"You're gonna do just fine man, you got this." Kenma nodded at him, a stray strand of his hair falling into his face.

He wore a white suit with a tie that matched the color scheme of your wedding, the guy styling him deciding it would look best if he wore one of his everyday hairstyles, a low loose bun with a few strands framing his face. Instead of his usual jewelry assortment he wore simple diamond studs in his ears and a diamond watch on his wrists. He frowned when he realized he couldn't decorate his hands with rings but remembered this was the brides day, so he wasn't going to make a fuss about it.