14: Girls Night In Gone Bad

"You've been really quiet y/n."

"Ah- Sorry. I just- ugh." you set the glass of wine down and leaned back into the couch.

"I told Kenma a lot of things he wasn't supposed to know."
"Like?"
"Just things."

She stopped doing your toenails for a second and looked up at your distressed figure.

"You like him a lot don't you?"

Jolting, you sat upright.

"Well-"
"Don't bother lying to me y/n, I saw how you acted with him the last time you guys streamed together."

You groaned and flopped back down.

"Fine, I like him. What about it?"
"I mean there's nothing wrong with that. Actually even better! I was hoping to renew our friendship and it would be so cute having double dates."

You rolled your eyes playfully with a smile. She was too cute sometimes.

"Would it really be a double date if me and Kenma just trailed behind you and Kuroo awkwardly?"
"awe but you two are so lovey dubey."
"No we aren't"
"Yes you are."

She reached up pinching your thigh.

"Wha-OW! You bitch!" you growled, getting up to chase her around the basement.

————

"No babe- you put on the diaper BEFORE you wipe. No, not fully, slide the diaper under and then wipe. Kuroo! Hun, you're at Kenma's right now right? Ok, we're coming over." she hung up frustrated.

"What do you mean we? I'm not going over to Kenmas."
"Yes. You are. You and Kenma haven't talked all week. You guys need to talk this out. Now get up."

She hoisted you up by the wrists and walked up the stairs. Plopping back down on the couch as soon as she couldn't see you, you sighed.

"Y/N! UP. LET'S GO!"

Grumbling you succumbed to her motherly nagging, and got up. Walking up the stairs and putting on some slippers, since there was no need to put on sneakers you would struggle taking off as soon as you got there.

You two walked over, and you crossed your arms over your chest, needing some sort of barrier. You could hear your heartbeat pounding in your ears, terrified to see him after that. 

Hana rung the doorbell and you heard a bunch of things fall over, and Kenma came to open the door.

"Hey Hana, sorry, the smaller terror knocked over a stack of books, can you just- get your husband under control?" he grumbled, obviously not thrilled Kuroo and his two kids were intruding in his oasis. Then he noticed you.

"Shit- Y/n-" his eyes widened and he looked panicked, rubbing his cheek as if to conceal something.

You raised an eyebrow, and stepped past Hana, holding him in place with one hand while you lowered his hand with your other.

A lipstick mark was smudged on his cheek, obviously fresh.

A lump in your throat grew, and you swallowed, releasing his hand and stepping back.

"Y/n-"
"Sorry for disturbing." turning to Hana you saw a sympathic look on her face. You gave her a nod and turned around, walking back down the path.

"Y/N!" he called out to you, tripping over himself to put on some shoes.

You fumbled with your keys, desperate to get them in the door before he got to you and saw how undone you were becoming.

"Y/n!" closer this time.

"Y/n?" right behind you.

"Babe." next to you, taking your keys away.

"Please don't call me that."
"Wait y/n, can you at least give me a chance to explain?"

Taking in a deep breath you exhaled and turned to face him, avoiding eye contact.

"We aren't together, theres nothing for you to explain. My feelings are clearly a bit one sided, and I just wanted to come over to say sorry for unloading all my shitty trauma on you, ok? I'm probably being dramatic right now, so just give me my fucking keys and let me go inside. Please."

Slightly defeated, he lowered his hand, handing you the keys.

"Thank you." you murmured, opening the door and going inside, slamming it after. Leaving Kenma standing outside your door.