Hufflepuffs new seeker

Start from the beginning

"no way! A Seeker?" she said as she looked at the girl next to her in complete amazement, after all she had always loved quidditch and she herself had wanted to be a seeker, she was ecstatic to hear that her best friend had got the position, especially considering the fact that she was only in her first year.

JJ who had been reading all about quidditch and other Magic stuff due to the fact that he was a muggleborn, had his mouth open wide in shock and excitement "But first years never — you must be the youngest house player in about —"

" — a decade," said Maxine with a grin on her face, she reached over and grabbed a chip of Kirras plate and shoved it into her mouth, earning a small glare from the potter girl, "and you know it has only happened two other times in the last century, both of those times being Hufflepuff girls in their first year too! Its a shame we don't know anything about them, you could have asked them for some pointers!"

JJ nodded, "I just cant believe it, and the fact that your brother got the position too on the Gryffindor team, that's going to make the games even more interesting especially at Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor games, I wouldn't be surprised if half the school started placing bets on who would catch the snitch first in the game." 

JJ and Maxine along with a few Hufflepuffs that were around them at the table who had heard their conversation were so amazed, so impressed, they just sat and gaped at Kirra who was beginning to feel uncomfortable and nauseous under their gaze.

"I start training next week," said Kirra and then she turned to look at all of the Hufflepuffs around them and gave them a pleading look, though she had happened to come close with a lot of the people in her house considering most of them were very kind "Only don't tell anyone, Blythe wants to keep it a secret."

Fred and George Weasley now came into the hall, spotted Kirra, who they had come quite fond of due to her helping them with their pranks and hurried over. "Well done," said George in a low voice. 

"We heard Wood and Blythe arguing down in the corridors near the bathroom on the 6th floor, they were arguing over which Potter would be the better seeker, don't worry, we will be placing our bets on you. We're on the Gryffindor team with your brother, so it wont be easy for you  since we're Beaters."

"I tell you, you might catch the snitch before Harry but we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year," said Fred and gave her a playful grin as she looked up at the twins with wide smiles.

"Thanks boys, but I think that we will just have to see about that won't we?" she taunted them playfully with a giant smile on her face as they wrapped their arms around her shoulders and messed up her already messy hair

"ooh, its on Potter" the twins said with a grin as they practically push JJ and Maxine over so that they could sit on either side of the Potter girl. The two Hufflepuffs rolled their eyes but refrained from saying anything to the twins, not wanting to have to suffer getting pranked for the rest of their lives

"We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant" George continued as he grabbed some of the food off Kirra's plate and shoved it into his mouth.

"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school." Fred said to the girl with a grin "hopefully we will see you again soon and you can help us with our next prank"

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you." Fred and George had hardly disappeared when a group of people who were far less welcome turned up: Mattheo and Malfoy, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle.

"Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?" Mattheo taunted, a smirk on his face as he looked down at the Hufflepuff girl