✍︎︎28✍︎︎

"What the fuck?"

Harry jumped at the sudden exclamation from someone other then Draco and himself. He turned in his bed and saw Ron with Blaise behind him. The ginger's jaw was open wide and Blaise was stifling a laugh.

"I knew it!" Blaise jumped up an down like a little boy getting a present on Christmas. Draco only groaned and pressed his face between Harry's shoulder blades, which made the shorter boy nudge him with his elbow - his face flushed red.

The blond sat up and yawned, "Hey Blaise...Weasley." He glared at the Gryffindor. Ron challenged that and glared back.

"So you're together?" Ron gestured between the two boys laying in bed. Harry rubbed his eyes and placed his glasses on his face before nodding.

"I-It's not fully o-official yet," Harry said after a yawn, his cheeks slightly pink. Draco kissed his forehead which made Harry smile. He sat up and placed his head on Draco's shoulder.

"Malfoy, we have class to get to," Blaise said, playfully glaring and checking his imaginary watch. The blond rolled his eyes before reluctantly getting out of bed and picking up his uniform from the spare bed beside them. He left towards the bathroom to shower and change.

"Harry, do you want come to breakfast with us?" Ron smiled tightly. The black-haired boy gently it his lip before shrugging and saying a quick 'sure.'

Draco returned from the bathroom a minute later, fussing over his hair. His ran his hands through it every few seconds. Harry chuckled and shook his head. The blond smirked and intertwined his hands with Harry's once the shorter stood up from his bed.

"When are you coming back to lessons?" Ron asked as the four left the hospital wing.

"Next week but I'm feeling fine, obviously somethings set me off... I think I'm doing better," He concluded. Draco nodded in agreement, smiling proudly at the boy.

They soon walked into the busier hallways with students rushing around with their books and homework, basically overflowing from their bags. As soon as a few began to stop and stare, nearly everyone in the hallway decided to whisper and point. Quickly, Harry let go of Draco's hand, subconsciously beginning to pick at his fingers behind his back. Thankfully there was only a few people; just under twenty at most. The Slytherins amongst the four gave the dirtiest looks they could muster to the rest of the students.

"I swear on Merlin Harry and Malfoy were just holding hands!"

"They've had obvious tension between them for years!"

"I heard from a sixth year that Ron and Zabini were fuck-buddies."

The last comment made Blaise's head turn, he clenched his jaw before grabbing Ron and wrapping an arm around his shoulder. The Slytherin kissed Ron's neck which made the ginger turn as red as his hair. Two boys at the end of the hall whistled which made a few girls giggle. Harry rolled his eyes and began walking a little faster.

They turned towards the Great Hall entrance, watching as the wide room conversed. It's was nice to hear laughter and chatting from a room that had seen so much blood, injury and death. Harry's lips turned up at the ends slightly. Draco squeezed his hand reassuringly so Harry squeezed back, silently saying his alright before he let go. Public displays of affection was never something he was a fan of. He heard Draco sigh slightly which felt like a stab to the heart.

A few groups turned they heads towards the boy they hadn't seen in so long. A couple pointed at the arm wrapped around Ron.

A boy from Gryffindor wolf-whistled and laughed mockingly, fist-bumping his friends, as they too laughed. Blaise smiled sarcastically and held up a middle finger.