When there's a second where we aren't fighting, Bucky looks down the corridor and see's a window. He gives me one sly look before breaking into full sprint and crashing through the window.

"Merda" I curse and shake my head before following his tracks. It was a big jump and the landing on the building below wasn't my smoothest but the adrenaline was enough to subside the pain. To my surprise, Bucky was engaged in combat with someone who was dressed in a tight all black suit, clearly representing a panther.

There is a helicopter hovering around but soon spins out and I see Sam circling around the area. Bucky takes this distraction as a chance to get to ground level and starts descending down the outside of the building. The other man chases after him and I follow in pursuit and hit the ground the same time as Steve.

"Race you" I mutter and break into a sprint, trying to catch and keep up with the two ahead and I hear Steve sigh. I'm grateful for my enhanced speed because there was no way any normal person would be able to keep up with them. Although having Pietro here would save a lot of energy.

The chase goes on for a while under the bridge and through the tunnel, trying to avoid all the oncoming cars. Steve hijacks a car and drives behind us, trying to keep up and my legs tire so I hop on the hood of his car, watching Buck ahead. There's a scratching noise and I realise the panther like man has also latched onto the car. I try to kick him away but Steve swerves and I lose my balance, almost falling off.

"Sam, get rid of him please" I demand more than ask.

"Right behind you."

We continue chasing Bucky and then he grabs a motorbike and flips it mid air, instantly dashing off at a faster speed. Somehow the Black Panther manages to leap off the car and scratch out Bucky's back wheel. He manages to knock him away and continues driving but Sam yells as the panther latches onto his leg as he flies through the underpass. The bridge explodes ahead and I realise I need to jump before we get crushed and I see Steve exit at the same time. We reach the pair who are wrestling with one another and Sam is slowly standing up.

I pull them apart and keep Bucky next to me but it's too late. We were caught.

There was at least five police cars and then to top it off, Rhodey lands in front of us, in Tony's suit of course.

"Stand down. Now. Congratulations Cap, Ombra. You guys are criminals."

We raise our hands and I growl when I see how aggressive they are with Bucky, making moves to put him in a full armoured truck. The Black Panther lifts his hands and slowly removes his mask to reveal, none other, than T'Challa, the new king of Wakanda.

Me, Steve and Sam look at each other in shock and we are silent as we are all piled into a transport unit. We are stripped of our equipment, my knives, Steve's shield and Sam's wings. It's quiet for a while as there's a mass convoy transporting around us, trying to decipher what just happened and what was going to happen.

"So... you like cats?" Sam asks, breaking the silence. I snort and Steve looks at him disapprovingly.

"Sam."

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?"

"Your suit... it's Vibranium?" Steve questions T'Challa.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

"As long as it takes for you to realise that he didn't do it" I snap in response and it seems to keep him quiet for the rest of the journey. When we arrive, we are all filed out and I look to the side and see a gloomy Bucky being directed to a cage basically. This would do nothing for his PTSD.

"What's going to happen to him?" Steve asks Sharon and another grey haired, small man.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross. Deputy Task Force Commander" Sharon introduces for him.

"See their weapons are placed in lock up. Oh, we will write you a receipt" he says as if this whole thing has any bit of humour in it.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that" Sam said protectively.

Ross guides is further into the building and up a few floors to where there seems to be a lot of computer monitors and people busying around.

"You will be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it?" Ross says before walking away.

"I don't intend on going anywhere" T'Challa says and I role my eyes.

I'm so busy giving death glares that I fail to notice the arrival of my girlfriend.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like" she says, basically smirking at Steve but I avoid eye contact with her. I don't want to see her disappointment.

"He's alive" is all that Steve says.

We get directed into a room where Ton is busy on the phone. It is made purely of glass and placed in the middle of the room so everyone can see us. All it has is a table and chairs inside.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this" muttered Natasha and I gulp down my guilt.

"Secretary Ross wants you all prosecuted. Had to give him something" announced Tony, shitting away his phone. He looked exhausted.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"Technically it's the governments property. Wings too" Nat adds and doesn't even regard me. I slouch away into the corner of the room and sit on the floor, back against the glass. My brain starts to zone out, noises becoming foggy and my eyes just stare off. How was any of this right? The Avengers would never recover from this, there would always be a tension, always be a dispute. I can't help but miss Bruce and Thor, there light humour and kindness would be lovely right about now.

I didn't notice anyone leave nor did I hear any of Steve and Tony's conversation but eventually I am snapped away from my thoughts when he crouches in front of me.

"Hey... you erm... you okay?" Tony asks and even though we are on opposite sides right now, I appreciate his soft tone with me.

"Fine... I don't like being against you Tony but as I said when I met you, I understand you, I get you. It's just a shame you don't get me."

His face drops a bit and his tired eyes pull away as he gets up and leaves. Steve slouches next to me and just rests his shoulders against mine, bringing me a small amount of comfort as we watch Bucky on the screen. This whole thing has brought me a lot closer to Steve, we think similarly on our jobs but most importantly, we would do anything for Bucky.

HOLA

SO THIS IS A SHORT ONE

I'VE REALISED THIS STORY IS PROBABLY GOING TO END UP BEING AROUND 5 HOURS LONG AT THIS RATE

I THINK YOU ALL KNOW WHAT TO MASSIVE SITUATIONS I WILL BE DECIDING ON

ENDGAME MAY BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BUT AS I SAID IN THE DESCRIPTION. THIS BOOK WILL CONTAIN WHAT I WANTED/ WISH HAPPENED