nove

When we arrived back at the Avengers compound, Wanda quickly and quietly went straight to her room, Pietro running after her. I felt bad for her after hearing what happened, she was young, with powers none of us truly comprehended. She had tried her best, saved Steve's life but then the bomb became to much to hold. I didn't blame her for the deaths, although on paper that's how it would be written.

Me and the others sat around the lounge for a bit before Steve got up and headed to Wanda's room. Frankly, I was still shaken up about what had happened, which Nat noticed as she never left my side. I got word from Maria Hill who told me that the young boy named Nico, was to be kept in Wakanda, saying that was where his family originated from. She said the King T'Chaka was happy to take the little boy in and that Wakanda would care and be responsible for him. Oddly, I felt a form of attachment to Nico, a form of responsibility of my own perhaps. Maybe I would visit him every so often, to ease my conscience.

After a few minutes, Tony arrived and along with him, The Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross. Before I can even greet Tony with a hug, we are all requested immediately in the meeting room. We pile in and take seats at the table, Nat and Wanda next to me, Secretary Ross at the head of the table, standing in front of a projector.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after thirteen hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something forty years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some... who would prefer the word 'Vigilantes'" Ross said, addressing all of us.

"And what word would you use, Mr Secretary?" Nat asked with a slight smugness and smartness to her tone.

"How about 'dangerous'? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" Secretary Ross turns around and activates the screen which shows footage of past Avenger conflicts.

"New York."

There's a Chitauri flying in the sky and then it flicks to the Hulk jumping and crashing into buildings, leaving behind rubble and dust.

"Washington DC."

It displays the events off when Nat, Sam and Steve went after Bucky and ended up destroying three of S.H.I.E.L.D.S biggest ships.

"Sokovia."

The city is shown flying in the air while buildings collapse to the ground. Tony and Wanda can't peel there eyes away.

"Lagos."

Of course he chooses to show the burning building and me coming out carrying Nico with blood trickling down my face. There's families crouched over the bodies of their lost lovers. Wanda is shaking and I put my hand over hers, in a comforting way, showing that I'm not scared of her nor blame her.

"Okay, that's enough" Steve intervenes. The Secretary of State seems satisfied and clicks the images away.

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution," He gets up and places a thick paper document on the desk and passes it to Wanda, " the Sokovia Accords. Approved by one hundred and seventeen countries... it states that the Avengers will no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if, that panel deems it necessary."