due

To no surprise, I slept quite well since it was probably the most expensive mattress in the world. My night terrors still came but I managed to sleep after since the bed was comfortable enough. I'm an early bird so when I entered the kitchen at five in the morning, I was shocked to see a figure already working on the stove.

Due to my light steps the figure didn't hear me approach so when I opened the fridge, a knife was now pressed into my neck, my back against the wall. I realised it was Nat, she looked fresh despite the time, perfect hair, perfect skin. Her green eyes captivated me, they seemed full of emotion and memories, judging by her defensive attitude, not good ones. So lost in her eyes, I didn't realise my hood had lifted back a bit and I saw Nat's eyes widen a bit, letting go of the knife pressed against my neck.

"You have blue eyes" she states, going back to the omelette she was cooking on the pan. Instinctively, I pull my hood back to it's normal position and grab an apple and banana to make a fruit bowl with. When I don't reply, she turns around while she plates up. "They're beautiful, your mask doesn't hide them nor does your hood so why do you try to?"

I sigh and start slicing my fruit. "Because it's a part of my identity, I don't want to be known, it's easier this way."

"It doesn't look it, you're going to have to take your mask off to eat so I'm going to see your nose and mouth, seems unnecessary stress to me" she replies with a shrug, sitting down on a stool at the counter, watching me prep my breakfast.

"Not if I eat this as I leave."

"You're leaving?"

"I have a job to do."

"What? Sneaking into HYDRA bases alone?"

I pause. "Yeah."

Nat snorts and starts to eat her omelette. " Were you going to tell anyone you were leaving?"

"I am leaving and no I wasn't since it's not really anyone's business. Why are you up at this time?"

"I struggle to sleep sometimes, I prefer to be active so I don't have time to think" Nat says, making me quite a taken back at how honest she is. So she has night terrors too, not to surprising since she's in a similar line of work to me.

"I understand, training helps take my mind off them. There's no point sitting around here, as sad as it sounds, I'm lost without some form of conflict."

"Fight against me."

Her bold demand made me stop cutting and look up at her, seeing she was being serious.

"What?"

"Fight me, if I win you have to stay, if you win, you're free to do what you wish."

A smirk forms under my mask, they know I can turn invisible but they haven't seen me in combat yet, they don't know of my unusual strength or speed.

"Okay, deal."

"Brilliant, I'll get the team to come watch, meet in the gym at seven" Nat says, putting her now empty plate in the dishwasher. She gives me a smirk before exiting the room and I shake my head, almost laughing, something I can't remember last doing. Quickly, I eat my fruit before anyone comes in and then I go to my room, going over all details of the base in Siberia. Before I know it, it's time to go to the gym and by the time I find it, the whole crews there waiting in anticipation.

"There you are, we thought you had bailed" Steve says. I shrug my shoulders and go to the mat in the centre of the room where Nat is, only wearing a tank top and a pair of combat leggings. She's a bit sweaty which suggests she's already trained, meaning she should already be starting to fatigue. Due to this, my game plan was to let her attack, I would just block and dodge for the first few minutes, make her think I was struggling and then I would hit back as soon as I saw her tire.