One of those Days

Start from the beginning

Then I saw the door to the ladder wide open. I nodded, realizing in that second where Dream was. Then I pulled myself up the ladder, shoving the trapdoor open.

I was met with an immediate blast of freezing cold air. I now regret not wearing a coat, but whatever. Then Dream came into view.

The man sat on the edge of the roof, dangling his feet off the edge. A bright green hoodie was wrapped around his body, the hood over his head. I approached him slowly.

"Please don't tell me you're going to jump off the roof." I joked, although I wasn't totally joking. He turned, his mask facing me for only a moment before he turned back.

"No, I'm not." Dream said plainly. I bit my lip, finally realizing how much I must've hurt him for him to be so cold. I didn't speak for a moment, not until I sat down next to him.

"I'm really sorry about what I said the other day." I forced an apology out of my mouth, staring out at the winter forest. He scoffed.

"That's alright."

"No," I started, "It isn't. I shouldn't have said all that, it wasn't..."

"Stop apologizing. I deserved everything you said to me."

My eyebrows went up in shock. "What?"

"Over the course of a month and a half, you met the man who you thought was dead, got stabbed, and proceeded to get kidnapped by the same man. You have every right to hate me." I turned to him.

"How about I just push you off the roof right now?" I smirked playfully. He chuckled.

"Nah, you care too much about me."

I frowned, "You wish."

"No, you do."

Cocky bitch.

I shook my head, dismissing this. "Puffy told me about the SnowBall."

"Yeah, that's coming up isn't it. Are you going with anyone?"

My cheeks flushed red. "I... no." I stuttered.

He laughed. "Okay Blaze."

I bit my lip hard, trying to make the strong blush disappear. "Why do you wear a mask?" I spat out, changing the subject. "Do you have some weird scar or something?"

"Well, you've seen me with my mask off." I made a face.

"Yeah, for like 5 minutes." I shivered, grabbing my arms to warm myself. A pause, as we both searched for what to say next.

"I'm supposed to hate you." The sentence came out before I could stop it. He laughed.

"Do you?"

"Yeah, everyone in L'Manberg does."

A long pause. "But you don't hate me, do you?" This question sounded somewhat desperate. My eyebrows furrowed.

"No... I guess not."

"You guess not?" A smirk filled my face. "That's not what you thought when you held my hand."

I froze. A blush grew on my cheeks. My eyes went wide in remembrance.

"I..." No more words came out of my mouth. I forced a sentence out. "That was just... in the moment."

"In the moment?" His hand brushed mine, making me tense. I bit my tongue hard. "Just like..." I felt one of his fingers touch mine. "This moment?" His hand intertwined with mine. I tried to focus on my breathing, in and out.