7 Months Later: Ch.47

Start from the beginning

Her and Pansy entered the dining room, and everyone immediately turned to stare at Hermione. "So we've heard you got a boyfriend"Daphne crossed her arms, leaning back in her chair. Hermione knew she was gonna get upset that she didn't tell them, but what else could she do? They would all tell each other and that was the problem. "Ye"Hermione muttered, sitting next to Owen as Pansy sat beside her. "When'd this happen?"Narcissa asked nicely. Hermione sat silent for a second, she'd only told her parents two weeks ago and they didn't ask when they started dating. Truth was, it was a bit over 5 months ago. She glanced over at Owen, who spoke for her. "5 months and you didn't say a word?"Astoria snapped. "You're acting like you'd act all cheerful about it"Hermione snapped back. "It would've been nice to know"Daphne scoffed. "I'm her sister and she didn't tell me, you don't have to get all upset about it"Pansy rolled her eyes.

It was a very stressed and quiet breakfast. Hermione didn't eat, neither did Owen, having both eaten before hand. Hermione was staring at her empty plate when she felt someone tap her leg. She looked over and saw Owen pointing toward his watch, it was almost time to go. She got up and everyone looked toward her. Hermione didn't bother saying a word to any of them, grabbing her bag and leaving. "Have a good day"Owen said awkwardly before following after her. After they heard the front door slam shut, they turned to look at Draco, who's face was covered in rage. "You 2 better head off to work"Maria told Draco and Astoria. The two got up and left the house.

"Her new boyfriend's so sweet, don't you think?"Astoria said. "Shut up Astoria"Draco barked. "She just moved on! How could she"He snapped. "I think she deserves it, he's seems perfect for her. No wonder she's been happy the past few months"Astoria smirked. "I'd say she's moved on"She added. He glared at her, a second before they both apparated away.

Hermione headed to her office, Owen Apologizing to Lilly after Hermione snapped at her. "Mia calm down, I know you're annoyed but what did Lilly do?"He said. "You don't understand! They wanted me to go so I'd run into them! You don't even know what that bastard has put me through! I never wanted to see him again but that's not what they care about! I told them I didn't want him around me but they don't FUCKING UNDERSTAND!"She yelled. She had tears in her eyes, threatening to come out. She sat in her chair, covering her head with her hands. Owen looked away, having never seen her in this situation. He stepped out and asked Lilly to deal with it.

Draco stormed into his office, throwing his bag to the ground. He sat in his chair and was ready to throw something out of the window. He was mad, really mad. He was trying to fix everything after his time but she'd ruined the plan! "Mark! Mark!"He snapped, hitting the bell. His door open and he looked over. His anger flared. "What're you doing here!"He yelled. Owen took a step back. "Mark quit and I'm taking his place"Owen said quietly. "Oh how fantastic!"Draco sneered. "You're-"He stopped. If he didn't fire him, he'd have an advantage over Hermione. "I want coffee on my desk in half an hour"He said. He stood up and left his office, heading toward Hermione's.

He ignored Lilly's questions, asking if he had an appointment as he walked to Hermione's office. He opened the door and let himself in, before closing it behind him and locking it. He looked over at Hermione and her glaring at him. "What're you doing here"She barked. "We're going to talk"He snapped, sitting across the desk from her. "When'd this Owen boy come along?"He questioned. "It doesn't matter, get out"She snarled, going to hit the bell on her desk. Then he grabbed it and threw it across the room, breaking it. "Answer me!"He said. "6 months ago, happy!"She yelled, getting to her feet. "Now get out!"She snapped. "I'll get out the second you give me another chance"He barked. "Another chance? You really think you deserve another chance! I gave you 3 CHANCES! And you used them all!"Hermione yelled. "I told you! I was black mailed into it!"He told. "It wouldn't have happened if you weren't trying to cheat on me"She snarled. "We were together for 8 months and you threw it away because of the 3 weeks you couldn't handle, what ever happens between us is because you decided to be an ungrateful and disgraceful human being!"She said. She sat in her chair, continuing to look through her work as he stood above her. "I'm going to fix everything, just watch" He stated, before leaving her office angrily.

A few hours passed and it was Hermione's break time. She was about to head out when she heard a knock on her door. She looked over and saw Owen standing outside. "Come in"She smiled. He grinned back and entered the room. She leaned against the desk as Owen sat in the chair across her table. "It was better dealing with Mr.Crockers then Draco"He told her, leaning back in the chair. "What do you mean?"She questioned. "I'm the assistant for the Draco Malfoy, past rebellion! Not to mention death eater!" He scoffed. "Don't say that!"She barked before she realized what she said, her hand covering her mouth. "I never wanted to be a death eater, My parent's lives were at stake and It would've been my fault if they died. I was proud to be apart of them at first but I didn't know all the harm I would have to cause" The flashback ran through Hermione's mind. "You're defending him now? I thought you, out of all people, would understand"Owen said. "I-"She began but he shook his head. "He's talking to you again isn't he? He's trying to win you back"He mumbled. "I don't care what he does, Owen you're the only I feel happy with, I'm not gonna let him get between us"Hermione told him, taking hold of his hand. He smiled lightly, but she could tell he was annoyed. "Why don't you go back to work, your shift is shorter then mine and your break is almost over"She added.

After he left, Hermione quickly called Astoria and Ginny, who both were currently in the ministry. The ministry had gotten wired phones after finding out that was easier to use rather then walking around to each office. She met up with them not too long later, having them go to a Muggle cafe. "You're saying he went to your office, asked for another chance and then said he was gonna fix things? How strong is his imagination"Ginny scoffed. "I couldn't believe it either! He acts like he can get what ever he wants with a simple game!" Hermione said. "I think he's being serious"Astoria mumbled. "What"Hermione snapped. "Owen is working for him, right? He'll just force Owen to hate his life and then get him to blame it on you and there you go, Owen leaves you, you're sad and in comes Draco the hero, saving you from your sadness and making you happy again"Astoria explained. "Are you planning something?"Ginny questioned. "Of course not, I was just teasing him"Astoria rolled her eyes. "Teasing him about what?"Hermione asked. "About you and Owen, got him mad, it was quite fun"Astoria grinned. "So you're the reason he's trying to get back into my life? After I've finally gotten away from him?"Hermione said. "I didn't say he had to get you back, all I said was that you were happier with Owen, and he probably got offended"Astoria explained. "Well I'm concerned about what he's gonna d0, what if he hurts Owen?"Hermione mumbled. "You know he wouldn't"Astoria said, putting her hand over hers.

"I don't know anything about him anymore, he's a different person"