Christmas Eve Ball (1): Ch.26

Hermione paced around in the hall, not knowing where everyone was. The ball was supposed to start in 30 minutes and none of the decorations had arrived. She was already in her long Light Blue Floral V Neck dress, waiting for anyone to tell her what was happening.

 She was already in her long Light Blue Floral V Neck dress, waiting for anyone to tell her what was happening

Apparently McGonagall wasn't in her office which concerned her even more. She heard footsteps behind her and turned. Draco smirked at her, stopping infront of her. "Look who's all prepared"He teased, and she rolled her eyes at him. "Do you know what's happening? The great hall is locked and None of the decorations have arrived, I've asked every teacher here and they all said they don't know"She said. "You mean nothing has arrived?"He questioned, his smirk falling. "What do you think I mean! Nothing has arrived, not the food, not the decorations, nothing! McGonagall isn't here and I don't know what to do!"She snapped. They heard talking and many footsteps, knowing everyone was already here. "Did we walk in on something?"They heard Astoria's voice. She was obviously referring to how close they were. "Of course not"Hermione scoffed. She tried to open the great hall door again but this time it worked. She looked inside, all the tables were still there. "Everyone, I need you all to come and sit down before We can say anything"Hermione ordered.

Hermione and Draco could hear a lot of complaining, but they ignored it as they headed to the front. After everyone sat down, Hermione began talking. "I know you all expected a huge ball, but none of the decorations, or food, or anything arrived this evening, professor McGonagall is the one who ordered all of these so I couldn't contact them. McGonagall herself isn't even here so I don't know how to fix this. Hopefully the surprise the teachers prepared will help, but we don't know what it even is and if it'll be presented today"Hermione announced. There were many groans, and Draco rolled his eyes. He took the microphone from Hermione and began talking himself. "Don't start crying now, there's still 25 minutes, maybe it'll be fixed by then"He snarled at them, watching half of them glare at him. "Sit down"Hermione snapped at him. "We'll wait out the 25 minutes, but till then, no one will leave the great hall. If there's a change of plan, it's better that no one is wondering around"Hermione told them. There were some murmurs but everyone just turned and talked to their friends. She looked around the hall, not knowing what to do. "Did you send a letter to McGonagall?"Draco asked her, and she nodded. "I sent it to her 3 hours ago, if she was close by, she would've answered back by now"Hermione said. "What if she's gone for the rest of the night? What're we gonna do with them?"He questioned. "We're gonna have to send them back to their dorms, and wait till McGonagall returns"She explained. He looked around the hall, no one was paying attention to the things around them. He grabbed Hermione's wrist and led her out of the Great hall through the back door.

The second the door closed, he turned to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Draco, there's paintings down the hall, they'll tell McGonagall" She snarled at him, trying to push him away. He didn't budge. "I'm telling you right now Granger, Tonight, whether there's a ball or not, I'm letting everyone know you're taken and that you belong to me"He whispered in her ear. She stopped struggling, letting her muscles relax. "Are you sure about this?"She asked quietly, watching him lift his face back to hers. He smirked at her before leaning in and capturing her lips with his. "You're mine and I want everyone in this bloody school to know"He said.