Night Shifts: Ch.15

It'd been a week since break had started; And Hermione avoided Draco at all costs, not knowing how to act around him anymore. He obviously knew she was thinking of what he told her, and he couldn't stop smirking. Wanting to annoy her, He always got close to her, whether it be his leg brushing against hers or nudging her with his elbow. Whenever they would do night shifts, he'd make sure she left with his words on her mind, Saying words he knew would effect her.

Other then all that, there was a few weird things happening in the boys dorm. "You win Draco"Theo said randomly one night, when they were trying to sleep. "What?"He questioned, opening his eyes to look at him. "The bet we made a few months ago" Blaise reminded him as he sat up. "On Mya?"He asked and they nodded. "So Pay up"He smirked. "We're not paying up yet, you have till Christmas to start dating her. But it's not gonna be that easy"Theo said. "What're you talking about?"Draco questioned. "You'll see"Theo muttered before lying back down. Draco saw Blaise shake his head before going back to sleep. Draco wondered what was happening, and couldn't sleep for 2 hours straight because of it. What was gonna happen?

Back to the present, Hermione was already in her pyjamas, ready to fall asleep before she felt something hit her. Realizing it was a pillow, she groaned and threw it on the ground. "Mya you have to do night shifts"She heard Astoria say. "It's Thursday, The prefects do it today"Hermione mumbled. "It's Friday Mya"Pansy chuckled. "No"Hermione said as she sat up. "It is, You're gonna be late if you don't get ready now"Astoria smirked. Hermione groaned again before going to her closet. She picked out the first thing she saw which was a Beige T-Shirt and jeans. Changing quickly in the bathroom, she rushed out. "Your jacket!"She heard Pansy call after her. "I don't need it"Hermione told her, slamming the door behind her before racing to the great hall; they always had to start there.

 "I don't need it"Hermione told her, slamming the door behind her before racing to the great hall; they always had to start there

"You barely Made it Ms.Parkinson"McGonagall said to her. "I'm sorry Professor"Hermione muttered, hanging her head low. "Go on then, today you will check every floor, apparently there's been some students sneaking around. They've memorized your schedules and have arranged meetings with peers"McGonagall explained. Hermione nodding, not once glancing at Draco. "Don't you supposed you'll need a coat Ms.Parkinson? It's quite cold"McGonagall said as the heads were leaving the great hall. "It's alright"Hermione smiled slightly before leaving completely.

"You're gonna have to talk to me some time Mya"She heard Draco say. "I don't have to, You just want me to, just like you want to control my relationships"She snapped. "Is that why you're ignoring me?"He questioned. "If you haven't realized, I don't like when people try to control anything I do"She snarled. "Just looking out for you Mya"He told her. He saw her glare at him and rolled his eyes. "Fine I'll stop, Do what ever you want, date who ever you want"He said. "It's not like I let you control me"She snapped. "You mean you're dating someone?"He questioned. "Something like that, yes"She nodded. "Who?"He snapped. "I'm not telling you"She snarled. "And why not?"He questioned as he stopped walking. "Because you're gonna throw a fit"She stated as she crossed her arms, leaning against the wall to glare at him. "Who is it Mya"He snarled. "I'm not telling you"She repeated. "So they're imaginary"He chuckled. "Nice one Mya"He said before walking in the opposite direction. "Fuck you Malfoy"She snapped.

They did their rounds and had to meet up again at the 5th floor. "I'm going down to the kitchens to have a snack"He told her. "You can't just leave like that"She snapped, still upset with him. "Well I am, And you're going Along"He said. Before she could say anything, he reached over and grabbed her wrist, before dragging her down to the kitchens as she complained that this was 'unprofessional'. He finally let go once they were infront of the painting of the pear. He let them in and told the house elves to make two large sandwiches before sitting down at the table that had appeared with 2 chairs. "There's no need for this, I'm gonna continue my rounds"She said, on her way to leave before he grabbed her arm. "You're staying"He snapped. "I am not, let go"She snarled. He got off his chair and lifted her up to the chair. "You're gonna let the house elves work go to waste?"He questioned. She glared at him, pushing him away from her before he went to sit down.

"Ms and Sir"They heard a tiny squeak before seeing a trey infront of them. Before Hermione could thank them, the house elf had disappeared. Continuing to be annoyed, she ate in silence, not once glancing at Draco. "I don't know why you're so upset, you wanted to get my attention and you did"He shrugged as they left the kitchens. "I couldn't care less if you didn't give me a second glance"She snarled. "I'm finishing my rounds and going back to sleep. Don't disturb me"She snapped before storming off. Not caring if their was students around or not, he silently followed her. He heard her muttering about how much of a git he was, making him roll his eyes. Once she was almost done and was about to head back to the dungeons, he snuck up on her, before pushing her to the wall. In a blink, he saw a wand between his eyes. "Scare me again and I'll hex your nose off"She snapped before pocketing her wand. "Yeah Yeah"He rolled his eyes before smirking. "You've been thinking about me haven't you?"He questioned. "What?"She snapped. "I've been following you the whole time, I'd say you're in love with me"He smirked before walking into the dungeons. "You didn't do your rounds Malfoy!"She snapped. "Not my problem"He shrugged before going to the boys dorm. Wanting nothing more then to get rid of him, she headed to her own dorm and found the girls awake. "What's wrong?"She questioned. "We're just talking"Pansy shrugged. "Anything new?"She asked as she looked for her pyjamas. "Just that Tracey has been suspended for a month"Astoria said. "Surprising"Hermione said sarcastically as she headed to the bathroom to change. "Anything new Mya? You seem mad"Pansy noted. "Just that git you call a friend"Hermione told her. "Aww so romantic, you're thinking of him"Astoria teased. They heard Hermione groan and laughed. "Good luck Mya"Pansy chuckled. Astoria and Pansy were already asleep by the time Hermione left the bathroom. She lied down in her bed, face in her pillow. "I'll show that git, what makes him think no one would ask me? I had half the school chasing me"She snarled as she turned onto her back. That was the last thing she said before falling asleep.