Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

They both glanced at each other before looking back at Hatori.

"Are you sure, Tori?" Shigure asked.
He smiled with a simple nod. "Of course. You both deserve to take a night off."
"Well, if you insist. I'm not going to complain."
Amai looked at Kyo and Yuki. "Make sure you go straight to bed. You've all had a long day."
"We will, Miss Amai," Yuki said politely.

With that, Shigure took hold of Amai's hand as they said their goodbyes before making their way out. They silently left the building before going to the car.

Once they were in, Amai breathed out deeply and looked at him with a smile. It felt so surreal. They went in not knowing what the outcome was going to be. Even though she was confident, there was still a slight chance that it could have gone wrong. Still, they got their victory and the Sohmas' bond was stronger than ever.

Shigure looked at her proudly. He remembered when he revealed the curse to her on the bridge and she told him that she would help break the curse. His love for her multiplied at that moment just for her simply wanting to stay with him. He would have lived with the curse his entire life as long as she was with him. But now he could love her freely and she deserved it.

He took hold of her hand and brought it to his lips before placing a kiss on it. "We'll go wherever you want to go."
"We don't have to go anywhere special. Let's just go to my apartment and spend the night there."
"That sounds perfect."

***

They soon reached her apartment building, parking outside. They entered the building and made their way up to her apartment hand-in-hand.

Upon entering, Amai saw how she had left it earlier that day before she returned to Shigure. Even he was seeing it for the first time. Around the apartment were pictures of him, the kids and even Hatori and Ayame. Amai locked the door as Shigure looked at everything.

"It's no wonder you managed to remember everything so quickly."
She smiled. "Yeah. I even put pictures of you in my books and I put notes on the mirrors."
"That was very clever. I expected no less from you."

As he looked at one of the pictures of the two of them together, Amai couldn't help but watch him. She just simply admired everything about him. He was always a happy person and he would always be so calm. But at that moment, he looked the most calmest and relaxed he had ever been.

For as long as she'd known him, she had never seen him look so at peace. She could even tell the slightest change in how relaxed his shoulders were. It was as if he was always a little bit tense 24-7 because of the curse. And now he just seemed so free. And it made her so happy because he deserved it.

He noticed that she had been staring at him, which made him look at her with a smile. He went to her and gently held her face as he gazed lovingly into her eyes.

"Amai..." he whispered softly. "You-... I just-..." He chuckled as he became at a loss for words.
It even made her smile in amusement. "This is very ironic for an author," she joked.
"I know. I... I am simply grateful to the high heavens that you and I met you on that day."
"The day I fell and hurt myself."
He laughed lightly. "Yes, exactly. Not only did I meet an incredibly beautiful and intelligent woman, but I found my soulmate. Unknowingly, you became our saviour. My saviour. You saved me more than once. You became our hope. You brought us joy. You filled a void within me that I didn't know I had. And you saved me from myself. I went to a dark place when your memories were taken the first time. But you came back and saved me from that as well." He gently brushed his thumb across her cheek. "You're my hero."

Now Amai didn't know what to say. Tears welled up in her eyes before spilling down but Shigure wiped them away.

She shook her head. "No, Shigure. If anything, you saved me. Remember? I was so lost and alone. And the day I found you, I hadn't realised that I found the one thing I ever needed in my life. You became my everything." She gently clutched onto his kimono. "I love you, Shigure. I love you so much."
"I love you too, Amai. More and more everyday."