He then stumbled into the room and Taylor stood up. Her eyes were a vivid and blank red as she took him in. He turned around and his eyes went red at once. They looked at each other and seemed to be frozen.

"Huh... Well, will you look at that? Taylor and Jonah are beloveds," Cato grumbled as he leaned back in his seat.

The two didn't make any movements, so I took another swing of my drink and stood up. I turned to the staff and said, "Have dinners sent to our separate quarters. The new-found couple will be the only ones dining in here tonight. Please take good care of them."

They all nodded their heads and got to work. The prince immediately stood up and left the room. I picked up my glass and finished it off before setting the glass down on the table and exiting the room.

My footsteps could be heard down the hall as I left, but they weren't the only set. A large warm hand placed itself on the small of my back and the king quickly fell into place by my side. "You good to walk?" He inquired, "You just drank half a bottle of scotch."

"I'm fine," I answered.

"Does your kind have a high alcohol tolerance?" He questioned.

"No," I replied.

"Then you're not fine," he retorted.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Please, I probably have a higher tolerance level than you."

"I'm a dragon. I can't get drunk from regular alcohol," he informed me.

"What's the point in having it then?" I asked.

He shrugged and replied, "Tradition."

"What can make you dragons drunk then?" I inquired.

His eyebrow raised and he responded, "Why do you want to know? Are you planning on taking advantage of me?"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "You wish."

"Maybe a little bit," he agreed with a nod.

"Exactly. So how do dragons get drunk?" I asked.

We came to a stop and I realized we were in front of my door. He opened my door and I walked into my room. As I turned on the lights he finally replied, "It has to be laced with iron."

"Iron?" I questioned as he closed the door behind us.

He tugged on his red tie and nodded. "Iron is our weakness. It burns us and messes with our immune system," he informed me.

"So you're not getting drunk. You're getting poisoned," I mumbled as I went to my vanity. I sat down and started to take my shoes off.

The king watched me as I set the shoes on the floor against the wall. I went through the drawers of my vanity as he replied, "In a way. We put enough in it to where we can get drunk but not so much that our insides turn into acid."

I grabbed makeup wipes and started to take off my makeup. As I erased the makeup on my face I could see the king right behind me in the reflection of the mirror. I cleared off the black spots from the mascara then threw the dirty wipe into the small trash can next to the vanity. I stared at him through the mirror, and I don't know if it was the small buzz or what, but I felt warm and fuzzy at his revelation.

"Why'd you tell me that?" I asked with scrunched-up eyebrows.

His eyebrow raised and he questioned, "What do you mean?"

I stood up from the vanity chair and faced him. I looked into his amber eyes and said, "You just told me your only weakness... How to kill you. Why would you do that?"