Official Statement

Start from the beginning

RACHAEL: (immediately wraps her arms around him and holds him) Shhh... You were so brave. (to herself) "I couldn't help but tear up a little myself, I hated seeing him this way. It broke my heart to hear the pain in his voice. He's been through so much." I'm right here baby, I'm right here. (cups his face) (wipes a tear from his eye with her thumb) Here. (hands him a tissue) 

MICHAEL: (wipes his nose) (sniffles) I just want this to be over and done with!

RACHAEL: I know honey, I know. And it will be. You just gotta be strong. I'll be right here with you until we reach the end. (kisses him) I love you. 

MICHAEL: I love you more Rachael. (rests his head on her shoulder) 

547: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (KITCHEN) DAY FADE IN: 

The next day, December 23rd, 1993. 

RACHAEL: (comes in)

MICHAEL: Good morning sun... (pauses) 

RACHAEL: (looks at him) What? 

MICHAEL: You look really tired, are you alright? 

RACHAEL: Yeah, I just didn't sleep good last night.

MICHAEL: (sighs) Were you worrying about me again? 

RACHAEL: (tears up) (sniffles) I can't help it! I know I'm supposed to be strong for you and I'm trying baby, I am! But it's killing me seeing you like this! 

MICHAEL: (sighs worryingly) Come here. (holds her tightly) I'm so, so sorry. (rubs her back lovingly) I hate that I'm putting you through this bullshit, I hate that I have become the source of your pain. I'm supposed to protect you and be your rock, not the other way around. 

RACHAEL: (leans against him and sighs) This is not your fault sweetheart. The Chandler's betrayed your trust and generous nature. 

MICHAEL: (kisses her head) Listen, why don't you cancel your appearance for today and just take a day to yourself? 

RACHAEL: (shakes her.head) I can't do that. But why don't you come with me? 

MICHAEL: (shakes his head) If I go with you the press is gonna have a field day, but I'll be watching you here at home. 

RACHAEL: (smiles) Ok. (hugs him tightly) 

548: INT. TV STUDIO (DRESSING ROOM) NIGHT DISSOLVE TO: 

Later that night, Rachael is getting ready for her performance. 

PRINCE: (comes in) 5 minutes Rach. You ready? You good? 

RACHAEL: (nods) (takes a sip of water) 

PRINCE: There is one thing, they might ask about Mike and wanna know about what's been going on. 

RACHAEL: (puts her head in her hands) (moans) Ok... Whatever they ask I'll just play it off. It's nobody's business. 

PRINCE: I know Rach... Um, by the way, you might wanna use a little more makeup. You look really frail. 

RACHAEL: I know, I'm fucking exhausted.