New Years Eve/The Duets Album

422: INT. RESTAURANT NIGHT DISSOLVE TO: 

A few days later. New Years Eve, 1992. 

MICHAEL: (raises his glass for a toast) Cheers. (both tap their glasses together) (sips it) You look gorgeous in that dress. 

RACHAEL: (blushes shyly) Thank you. I'm sure Marilyn wore it better than I ever will.

MICHAEL: Well, Marilyn was beautiful. But she's got nothing on you! (nibbles on her ear) 

RACHAEL: Michael, Michael stop it! We're in public!

MICHAEL: (giggles) Ok, ok. (checks his watch) Ooh, we'd better go. It's almost time for the movie based on Mother's book. (both leave) 

423: INT. NEVERLAND RANCH (MOVIE THEATER) NIGHT DISSOLVE TO: 

Later, Michael and Rachael watch "The Jacksons: An American Dream." 

MICHAEL: (sits down with a bucket of popcorn) 

RACHAEL: Man, that guy looks a lot like you. 

MICHAEL: He does, doesn't he? 

RACHAEL: Did your father really cheat on your mother???

 MICHAEL: Yes... He's still seeing his mistress. He even has daughter with her. 

RACHAEL: What??? Do you guys have any kind of relationship with her? 

MICHAEL: No, and we wanna keep it that way. I don't care if she is Joseph's child. She is not one of us. 

RACHAEL: (squeezes his hand) 

Later... 

MICHAEL: (looks down at his watch) Hey, it's midnight. Happy new year. (kisses her passionately) 

RACHAEL: Happy new year! (phone rings) Who the heil could that be at this hour? (answers it) Hello? 

PRINCE: (on the phone) Hey Rachie. 

RACHAEL: Hey Prince, what's up? 

PRINCE: (on the phone) Just wanted to let you know that your album has officially dropped. 

RACHAEL: Already? Prince, that's amazing! 

PRINCE: (on the phone) Yup, happy new year. (hangs up) 

424: INT. RECORDING STUDIO DAY FADE IN: 

A few days later, January 8th, 1993. Neil and Rachael are in the studio working on their album. 

RACHAEL: (comes in)

NEIL: Rachael! (kisses her cheeks) How are you darling? 

RACHAEL: I'm wonderful! How are you? 

NEIL: Fine, just fine. Anyway, these are the songs. Two of these have you singing back up but the rest are duets, including a reworked version of "Laughter In The Rain."