Chapter 26: Alpha

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***

Mew blinked as the sunlight began to creep into the room through the gap in the curtains that were not tightly closed. Is it morning already?

Slowly he got up from his bed and watched his hands perfectly wrapped in gauze. He felt refreshed with clean-looking sleeping wear. So he did take a bath to freshen up and fix his wound before went to bed. Then, how about his memory of Bright who was inside the house last night? Was it real or just a dream? He couldn't recall anything that happened after he drank that glass of water, but since his wound was real, then it should be real too.

Mew wiped his face in frustration as he sighed. He walked to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror for a moment before he turned his gaze to the corner of a small hole hidden between the shelves containing all of his toiletries and first aid. Slowly he took something out of the small hole. It was a secret camera. Yes, Mew was not joking when he said he installed cameras everywhere. But this one, he will need to keep it as secret as possible. This camera couldn't be accessed directly through his laptop, so he needed to take the memory card from inside it and plug it inside his mobile to watch the video for the sake of ... secrecy perhaps.

At least he could make sure that he himself was there to fix his wound. He could only cross his finger to hope that he could find a hint or two from that camera...

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

"Be careful. You're playing with fire."

"And why is that?"

Day turned his face away from Bright to hide his sadness as he whispered to himself, "Because he probably would be the only person who will be able to kill me..."

Bright was still waiting for the answer since he didn't hear what Day said just now. He kept looking at Day questioningly.

"Why didn't you answer?", Bright asked curiously.

"Because there's no need for me to make an explanation", Day turned his face to look at him, "I'm tired and I just wanted to take a bath and sleep. Please show your own way out."

Bright chuckled as he walked out of the door, but he didn't forget to bid his goodbye before he disappeared from behind the door.

"Take care of P'Mew for me, P'Day... I'll see him sooner or later..."

Day watched his back until he was out of sight before he sighed and walked to the bathroom to clean his wound and took a warm bath. He wasn't tired, but Mew's body was.

Once he finished, he wrapped a towel on his lower body and stood quietly in front of the mirror. He traced his hand through his scars on his body as he smiled sadly. He lost count already. How long has it been?