Instantly the hall fell silent as everybody's attention was now towards the old wizard, "Before we get on with our scrumptious meals, I would like to ask for your attention while I give out a few notices."

"Mr Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of object forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe and can be viewed in Mr Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it." he continued as the corners of his mouth twitched every so slightly, "It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

Instantly, soft gasps and whispers filled the Great Hall. The Ravenclaw exchanged puzzled looks with the group, "What?" she gasped, though Caleb, Lizzy and Aidan only held the same confused look as they shrugged in response.

Dumbledore noticed the soft whispers around the hall as he cleared his throat causing the hall to fall silent once more, "This is due to an event that will be starting next week and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that his year at Hogwarts-"

At that moment, there was a deafening rumble of thunder and the doors of the Great Hall banged open, all students were now shifting their attention towards the doors.

It was a man that stood in the doorway, leaning upon a long staff, shrouded in a black traveling cloak. Suddenly, a brightly illuminated by a fork of lightning flashed across the ceiling. He lowered his hood, shook out a shoulder length mane of grizzled, light greyed hair, then began to walk up towards the teachers table.

A dull clunk echoed through the Hall on his every other step. He reached the end of the top table, turned right and limped heavily towards Dumbledore. Another flash of lighting crossed the ceiling, a few students gasped at the sight.

The lighting had thrown the man's face into sharp relief, it was a face Y/N nor Harry had ever seen. Every inch of the skin seemed to be scarred. The mouth looked like a diagonal gash, what caught the Ravenclaws attention most is the man's eyes that made him frightening.

One of them was small, dark and beady. The other was large round as a coin, and a vivid, electric blue. The blue eye was moving ceaselessly, without blinking, and was rolling up down and from side to side, quite independently f the normal eye.

The stranger reached Dumbledore and stretched out a hand that was as badly scarred as his face, and Dumbledore shook it, they muttered a few words that couldn't be heard but he old wizard seemed to be making some enquiry of the stranger =m who shook his head unsmilingly and replied in an under-tone.

Dumbledore gestured for the man to take the empty seat on his right-hand side. As the man took his seat he pulled out a flask and tips it to his lips. The Ravenclaw fascinated watched every move, "Isn't that.." she trailed off as she and the group's eyes stayed glued to the stranger on the high table.

"Alastor Moody?" Aidan interjected as they exchanged uncertain glances before turning back to the High Table, "The Auror?" Lizzy questioned as they watched Moody take another sip of his flask.

"What'd you reckon his drinking?" Caleb asked as he turned to the Ravenclaw who was still transfixed to Moody on the High table, "Dunno but I doubt it's pumpkin juice."

Just then, Dumbledore turned back to face the Hall, "May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Moody."

Usually, there'd be an applause to greet new teachers but none of the staff nor students clapped except Dumbledore and Hagrid. Both of them put their hands together and applauded, but the sound echoed dismally into the silence and they stopped fairly quickly.