08 - rubber man

Parker rolled the red ball across the attic floor, watching one of her older brothers with a smile. The ball was then rolled to Valerie and back over to Parker.

Upon knowing she was stuck there, Valerie was trying to at least acquaint some of the other ghosts — except Hayden, Valerie hated on Hayden as a hobby, she even influenced Parker to fall down the same hobby.

Valerie kept away from the questions about death, deciding it was best not to make herself or others relive some of their worst moments.

The red ball rolled between the three. Silence passed over them as they remained playing.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Bags were placed down on Violet's bed where an invisible Valerie laid with her sister — only Violet could see her.

Vivien tried forced her daughter to awake, shaking Violet on urgency. "Violet, Violet! Wake up." She demanded as Valerie and Violet remained asleep by each other. "Violet!" The daughter pushed herself up in confusion. "We're leaving this house tonight. We're going to Aunt Jo's."

"What?!" Violet asked in confusion.

Valerie looked at her sister in pure panic. Valerie knew Violet was equally as dead as herself, she wasn't sure Violet was ready to know.

"We're not spending another night here. Now!"

Violet pushed herself out of her bed, glancing back at Valerie as she began to help her mom shove clothes in her bag. She wasn't ready to leave her sister.

Upon the bags being packed, Violet and Vivien left. Valerie followed them out, finding her boyfriend in the process. She stepped closer to him as she watched her mother and sister walk further and further to the car.

"Where's Parker?"

"With Beau."

Valerie nodded. "Is she in danger?" She asked, nodding towards sister.

"I'm not sure." Was all he said at first, placing his arms around her waist. She flinched at the contact at first, her body becoming tense and ridged as her chest started to rise and deflate in a quick moment of panic. Tate went to pull away, but she grabbed his arms keeping them around her as she steadied her mind. "She won't get far, though."

Violet looked at them as she placed her bag in the car, staring at her sister with watery eyes. 'I love you' the sisters mouthed to each other.

They watched as her sister slipped into the black car besides her mother.

The sisters kept their eye contact, refusing to loose sight of one another.

Tate left his girlfriend, planning to find his sister and tell her what was going on, amongst asking why she was avoiding his at all costs.

Valerie moved to sit on the wall, swinging her legs as she watched her sister and mother. She didn't want to loose them, she never expected to loose them yet she had and now she was loosing them even more.

Screams erupted from in the car, Valerie zoned in finding too people behind her family. She watched them run back into the house and with twisted relief she sighed.