02 - home invasion

Three girls were normally sat together — namely, Maria, Carlie and Gladys. The girls were close friends who'd much prefer each others company far more then a party.

Maria was sat reading at the table with Carlie peaking at the words, listening to her friend explain them to her. Carlie didn't want to be a nurse, it was something her parents had desired for her to be and her adopted parents helped her pursue. She was fairly sure chance was against her as she didn't understand a single bit that was said.

A trio of girls approached the unoccupied white sofa. "Hey, Maria. You want to come see The Doors with us."

"I can't, I have an anatomy test tomorrow."

"Oh, Maria, your such a square. Carlie?"

"I have better things to do with my life." Carlie turned her heads to the girls, feeling her best friend tightly grip her arm to stop her from snapping and end up slapping one of them.

"Can't you girls leave them alone." Gladys asked as she walked in the room. "What did they ever do to you?"

"They refused to pray for my sins."

"Darling, you're beyond God's forgiveness."

"I hope you get the clap." Gladys said, as Carlie began to remove Maria's grip from her arm and took her hand, providing Maria the sense of security she had desired.

"Right, guess you lezzies don't have to worry about that."

Gladys let out a sarcastic laugh as she sat down on the sofa, resting her feat on a yellow stool.

The three girls soon left leaving the trio of friends alone.

Carlie soon got bored of learning about Marie's work and joined Gladys on the sofa. Gladys lifted an arm allowing for the ginger to come close and cuddle up as they watched TV and Gladys smoked.

It was silent for a small while with nothing but crappy television to keep them entertained. But soon a harsh knock on the door made them to jump.

Gladys looked over. "You forget your diaphragm?" She yelled over.

Carlie chuckled lightly.

"You can still get the clap with a diaphragm." Maria stated, looking at her two friends with some innocence wrapped in malice.

"Maria!"

Someone knocked on the door and Maria and Carlie shared a look. Carlie pushed herself away, getting off the sofa to go see what was going on.

"Those bitches, don't answer it."

"I'm curious." Carlie said, as she began to leave the room.

"Curiosity killed the cat, Carlie."

"Satisfaction brought it back."

Carlie quickly made her way to the door, slowly opening it to reveal a man with his back to her.

He slowly turned to look at the finger. "Excuse me, ma'am. I don't want to bother you, but I'm hurt and needing some help."

Carlie looked at his bleeding head and within making a rash decision, took his hand pulled him in before shutting the door.

"I'll get my friend to take a look, I'm not as clued in as her."

"Thank you, ma'am."

"No problem, right this way."

Carlie lead the man to her best friends, allowing for Maria to take over and help the poor man.

The man took ahold of Maria's necklace. Not to admire the hand work that went into crafting the golden thing, but rather to judge her for her religious beliefs. "You think that Jesus is going to save you?"