I open the door and see her sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

"Marinette please.."

"Why did you say that to me?!"

She says it like she's angry but I know she's mostly sad.

"I-"

I know I need to just tell her the truth but I can't.

"Marinette- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

I never say things like this but again, something about this girl just clicks something in my brain.

"You're an asshole!"

She says that like she means it.
People call me an asshole all the time because I skip class and make jokes and I don't think I have to mention the door prank again, but this one hurt. It stung. Maybe there was a beehive in her mouth and when she spoke, they all flew out at once and stung me in the heart.

I have to tell her.

I take a super deep breath, probably too deep.

"Marinette, I have bulimia!"

I think I said that too loud.

She doesn't know what to say.

"That's not an excuse and I'm sorry about what I said, I didn't mean it, I swear. I didn't mean to hurt you. I would never do that. I just- I don't like it when people talk about-"

I stop talking.

I regret speaking.

Why can't I ever just shut the fuck up?

Marinette's POV:

I just called Adrien Agreste an asshole.

And he just told me he has bulimia. It took me a second to remember which kind of eating disorder that was, but that part didn't really matter because he still had an eating disorder.

I still haven't said anything.

"Adrien- I-"

Is he crying?

He's crying. He's definitely crying.

I got up off the side of the bathtub and hug him and he hugs me back quickly like he was waiting for me to hug him.

We say "I'm sorry." at the same time.

Our stomachs growl against eachother and it suddenly makes the room a lot smaller.

I grab his hand again and it's warm.

"Adrien-"

I don't know what to say to a hungry person who doesn't want to eat.

"Can we talk about it?"

He's still crying into my shoulder and I know it because I can feel his tears fall on my neck and his breathing is unsteady.

"O-okay.."
He tightens his grip on my hand like he saw something really scary.

For a second I think maybe he saw a spider or something but this place is fucking spotless so I seriously doubt it.

Adrien's POV:

I don't want Marinette to see me cry but I can't stop myself.

She hugs me even though I don't deserve an apology just for having an eating disorder.

We say "I'm sorry." at the same time

Again, even though I don't deserve her apology.

When my stomach growls, I want to sink into the floor and I think she knew that because she grabbed my hand.

I understand that she wants to talk about it and I agree to it because I can't just say that and leave her hanging.

She doesn't let go of my hand.

She's so good.

She's like everything good in the word mixed together and poured into one singular 17 year old girl.

We go to my room and she hesitates to sit on my bed but she still does and then she says all the right things. She doesn't ask me to eat for her and she doesn't tell me food is fuel or any of that bullshit. She just listens and tells me things I need to hear even if I don't want to.

At one point in the middle of this hour and a half long conversation about something about me I hate talking about and avoided up until now, she lays down next to me on my bed.

She's on my bed.

It wasn't in a sexual way though, it was just so nice having her so close to me. In my room. On my bed.

The way she says my name is like music.

"Adrien?"

Oh shit, she actually said it.

"Yes marinette?"

She grabs my hand again and looks at me.

"Let's go eat something, yeah?"

I can't say no to her. Plus I'm starving.

"Okay.."