Chapter 7

Slight smut/fluff warning 🤭

Adrien's POV:

"Marinette! Please just listen to me!"
I follow her as she speed walks all the way out to the street. I don't think she's listening, she looks sad and angry. I keep making her feel like that. I just want to make her feel good. She's the kind of girl who deserves to feel good but I want to be the one to make her feel that way.

My phone buzzes.
Please let it be Marinette.

"Oops wrong number ;)"

What a fucking bitch.

It was the right number, she meant to text me. But how did she know the damage her text would cause?? And then it clicked. Chloe. They're working together now?? Great. I need to see Marinette, I just need to right now. I don't even have enough time to drive as fast as my car can go. I need to see her now. I'll just have to see her as someone else.

Marinette's POV: 

I finally get home and my legs hurt from running so fast. My eyes are definitely red from crying. I forgot my parents are on a week long baking trip in New York or something so I'm very relieved to find out I don't have to sneak in or cry into a pillow instead of out loud. I get into my room and lay on my bed and start to cry. Not the pretty kind of cry you read about in books. Like a really ugly cry.

Tikki flies out and hovers in front of me.

"Marinette! Maybe you should have heard him out instead of running out of there so quickly!"

I don't want to hear anything she or anyone else has to say.

"Tikki please, just let me be."

I give her a cookie and roll over in my bed and continue to cry. I literally can't breathe. I'm choking on my own tears when I hear a thump on my balcony.

I don't have enough time to be scared of a possible intruder because a familiar cat sticks his head through my ceiling hatch leading to the balcony.

"Chat Noir??"
I think anyway, my eyes sting from crying so my vision is kinda foggy.

"The one and only."
He comes in uninvited.

"What are you doing here?"
I watch him panic for a moment.

"Well my kitty senses led me here and obviously for a reason because you look- kinda sad."

I don't want Chat Noir in my room right now.

"Great- Can you leave now?"
I probably shouldn't be so rude but everything hurts and I suddenly remember the beating I received a couple hours ago.

"Awe! Don't kick me out, princess."

Did he just call me princess?

I can't do this today.

"Ch-at Noir, p-please just leave!"
I stuttered like a mf because I was choking on my tears again.

"Do you really want me to?"

No.

"Yes."

"Tell me the truth."

I didn't know why I wanted him to stay, maybe I just wanted someone familiar to tell me it's okay.

"Fine."

He jumped into my bed which I really did not expect and he pulled me into his arms, which again I really didn't expect.

"Chat!"