chapter one | the burning lust [m!]

Start from the beginning

more people came in, some just chilling and drinking, some are dancing, and some are just... wasted. others are making out on the bench and sofas, and others just straight-up flirting and kissing on the dance floor. the night has just begun, and jennie, as vivacious as ever, was now dancing on the dance floor.

seulgi and some of her friends joined her but just kept their friend in a safe place. she wanted to go into action, but she didn't want to add to the commotion of her almost drunk best friend. silently standing up, she made her way into the bar counter and sat on the edge, ordering a glass of water to clench her thirst.

it was then she noticed many more people coming in, but she didn't mind and just held out her phone to scroll down her social media account. finally bored, she ordered a tequila, the one she drank before and liked, and sat there with silence.

it took a while when someone finally sat beside her, the man scent' radiating pure musk and pine, probably an expensive brand. the man ordered a shot of whiskey and bought a bottle of it to drink on his own— beside her.

"another tequila, please," she ordered; and the bartender nodded and began to work right away. there are few people in the bar area since most of the crowds are gathering on the dance floor, with the dj blaring up a piece of loud, rambunctious edm music that continually rings her eardrums. but in this secluded space, it was fairly minimized the loudness of the music. finally, the bartender sets down the tequila on the front and she was about to pay when the man beside her offered to take up the payment.

"she's on me," he said, and the barista nodded before leaving them alone.

she turns around to look at the man sitting beside her. joohyun almost, almost gaped when she realized how good-looking he was in the dark lights of the place. she almost wanted to back out, but she just held her head to look at him before giving him the payment for her tequila shot, the bills on the counter.

"here, it's not your place to pay for me..." she trailed off when the man turned to look at her straight in the eye.

god, fucking damnit, he was so handsome. is he a kpop idol or something?

she blushed and turned away, the tequila shots and her low alcohol tolerance hitting her up right now in embarrassment. joohyun now regrets coming here, and being in this awkward state with a handsome stranger...

"it's yours, miss... i reckon your friends are wasted on the crowd?" his husky deep voice rang in her ears, mixing with the noise of the club.

he even started a conversation. oh, gods...

she pursed her lips, "yeah. just having a good time here alone." drinking the tequila he paid for her, she erases all those embarrassing thoughts up in her head and fully turns to look at him to continue the conversation.

a friend wouldn't hurt, right?

she continued, "yours too, maybe?"

he smirked and finally turned to look at her, the swivel bar chair turning around as his whole body faces hers now. putting his toned arms on the counter, he was holding the glass of whisky in his right hand.

"oh no, miss. i came here with a friend. just third-wheeling with his girlfriend," he chuckles. "just got tired and here i am."