Everyone Is Asleep

"All right. Get in, get out." Mal orders as they walk towards the barrier. Jay opens the barrier and they walk through.

"Whoa." Mal says as a shock goes through her and the ember lights up.

"You got a little Hades thing going." Evie says with a frown as she motions to Mal's hair.

"Wow. That thing packs a punch, huh?" Carlos says as Mal looks at her to see it is now purple with blue streaks. Harry and Gil quickly jump out of the closing barrier behind them.

"We made it, bro. We made it." Gil cheers as they hug and the barrier closes.

"Hey, guys. We're just coming for a wee visit." Harry says before he and Gil walk forward. Carlos, Jay, and Elena shove them back only to get be shoved back as well. Carlos bumps into Mal making her drop the ember.

"Hey. Hey." Mal says as she grabs the ember but Harry uses his hook to sling her arm making her lose the ember. "No!" The ember flies towards the water but is grabbed by a tentacle before Uma emerges from the water.

"Drop something?" Uma asks with a smirk.

"It can't get wet. Give it back before it goes out." Elena quickly says as she holds out her hand.

"Uma?" Harry and Gil say at the same time.

"That's my name." Uma says with a laugh before going underwater.

"No!" Mal calls as Uma took the ember with her. The water starts to swirl up before it busts.

"Hi boys." Uma calls and they turn to find her behind them, holding the ember.

"Welcome back." Harry says as he walks over to her.

"Uma, you swam off and forgot all about us." Gil says sadly as he walks over.

"Yeah. Planning her revenge, no doubt." Mal says as she crosses her arms.

"It's not all about you, Mal. I was looking for a hole in the barrier to let everybody out." Uma tells her before turning to Harry and Gil. "And you know what I found, boys? It's way better out there than we thought. There's this thing that looks like a fury rock called a coconut. And fish so big you could dance on their backs. And they've been keeping it all for themselves."

"Whatever. Uma, I need that to break a spell." Mal says as she holds her hand out for the ember.

"Cast by Audrey, Sleeping Beauty's daughter." Carlos adds.

"Mm. So the good guy is the bad guy? Well, I might not give it back. Let's see what happens." Uma says with a laugh.

"Uma, it's not the time for games! People's lives are in danger!" Elena yells at her.

"Guarantee me that every single villain kid who wants to, can get off the Isle." Uma tells her.

"I can't do that." Mal says as she remembers her decision.

"Can't do that? Well, how about now?" Uma questions as she holds the ember over the water.

"Deal. Deal." Mal quickly says before Uma pretends to drop it.

"Uma!" Evie calls. "Her word is good."

"I'll still keep this, for the time being." Uma says sticking the ember into her jacket as she walks away from the edge. "Because if you think I trust you to save the world on your own, think again. This is a job for pirates."

"We can always go back to hating each other when this is over." Elena tells Mal as she walks over to Mal.

"Fine." Mal says as she crosses her arms.

"Where are our bikes?" Jay asks.

"Oh, yeah. We crashed them." Gil answers him before Harry mimics what happened with sound effects. Elena playfully rolls her eyes as she smiles at Harry.

"Here's a thought. We could try to be friends. Put our history behind us and celebrate our differences. Yeah?" Evie says as she and Celia stand between the two groups. "Who wants gum?"

"Let's go." Uma orders.

"No?" Evie asks as she shakes a bag of gum.

"Ah..." Mal says when Uma tries to walk away. "No.I'm in charge. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They're asleep. Everyone." Elena says as they walk to the courtyard at Auradon Prep.

"I can't get Ben." Mal says as she puts her phone away. She could only hope that Audrey hadn't got to him yet.

"Or Dizzy or Doug." Evie says as she does the same.

"Or Jane. The signal's out." Carlos says as he looks at his phone.

"Is that Auradon Prep?" Celia asks as the school comes to view.

"Yeah. When everybody wakes up, you're going to love it." Carlos answers her.

"Yesss." Celia cheers quietly.

"Everything is so..." Gil says as he looks around.

"Freaky." Jay finishes.

"green." Gil says instead. "You have leaves on your trees. And what are those colored things on the bushes?"

"Uh...Flowers?" Jay answers him confused.

"Flowers are pretty." Gil says. "Cantaloupe! Mm! Mm!" Gil grabs a bowl on the table and starts eating what's in it.

"We don't have fresh fruit on the Isle, remember?" Uma tells Jay.

"They're grapes." Jay tells Gil before he walks off.

"Grapes? I love grapes." Gil says as he eats some more.

"I believe I deserve some compensation for my muscles, my wile, and my role in this endeavor." Harry says as he takes a guy's wallet then the money in it.

"You do." Jay says sarcastically as he grabs the money from Harry. "And I'll squash you like a bug."

"Think I'm scared of you, Jay?" Harry asks him as he throws the wallet down.

"Guys." Mal and Uma day at the same time as Elena pulls Harry away from Jay.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Delicious." Dude says while eating from a guy's hand before burping.

"Dude, really?" Carlos asks as he walks over.

"What? It wasn't me, I swear. Okay, it was me." Dude tells him.

"Hey, do you know what happened here?" Carlos asks Dude.

"Yup. Audrey showed up. She put everybody to sleep. And then she turned some of them to..." Dude starts explaining.

"Guys." Evie calls. "Hannah turned to stone."

"All right. Everybody stay on their toes." Jay tells everyone.

"Look, since we're here, let's check the school." Uma says before walking towards the school.

"No. Audrey went straight for the crown, so I think it's safe to assume that she's gonna go for Ben and his castle next. That's where we'll go." Mal explains making Uma stop.

"Says who?" Uma asks.

"Says me." Mal answers her.

"Says you. And that's supposed to mean something to me?" Uma says as they walk towards each other.

"Guys." Elena and Evie say making Uma and Mal stop.

"To the castle." Mal orders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another chapter done!! Hope you guys enjoyed!!! There's only about eight chapters left and this book is done you guys!!! I want to thank everyone for the love you gave on this book and I can't believe we're almost at the end!! Anyways, love you all and stay tuned for the next chapter!! Bye!!

P.S. I'm going to be doing a Marvel story soon about Iron Man's Daughter! That will be published after this book is done! Anyways bye!!

-Mary💗