Midnight dash

NayVee's pov
We laid in bed and normally we'd talk or have a movie on or at least cuddle. But both of us had our backs to each other in the dark in complete silence. I don't really know what to say. I regret saying anything to him. I wish I just left it but no I had to go open my big mouth as per.

"Ian?" I say softly rolling over. Nothing. I roll back over and unplug my phone and leave the room. I failed my sister's number she was the only one I was prepared to talk to about this.

"I fucked up," I say when she answers the phone. "What's up?" I explained the situation and the more I spoke about it the more I was spiralling. "Breathe." She told me cutting me off. "He's not even speaking to me. I sat with an 11-year-old at dinner tonight. I've not done that since I was 10!" "He's probably just confused. It was sudden V. Also he's still going through everything with Amber he might just be a little overwhelmed." "I just want to come home," I say into the phone. "You're being dramatic." "I got rejected by my best friend! And he won't talk to me." "Firstly. I'm your best friend. Secondly, he didn't reject you went and helped a child and then you were with people the entire night." "We came home. We were in bed for a while before he fell asleep. We normally talk and cuddle. But nothing. He rolled over and just didn't talk to me." "V he's probs just processing." "No, I want to come home," I tell her.

"V you're there for two more days." "No... I want to come home. Book me a flight, please." "Nay?" "Kat, please. I can't I'm so embarrassed. I just want to come home." I was nearly in tears. I feel like I just ruined one of the best friendships I ever had all because I miss read a situation. I don't want to lose him as a friend. "Okay, take a minute. I'm looking at flights." "Thank you."

---------

And I'm home.

Kat picked me up from the airport. "Ian called." "Oh god." I say as I put my case in the boot of the car, paps were taking our photo but I tried to ignore them the best I could. Also hiding the small healing cut on my cheek. i climbed in the car and got my sunglasses out the glove box and put them on.

"What did he say?" "Just worried about you... He said you just woke him and said you were heading to the airport. He thought something happened at home." "What did you say?" "That you wanted to come home." "Did he beleive you?" "No. He knows what it's about." "Fantastic." I turned my phone on as Kat pulled out he had texted and called a few times. I'll call him when I get back to the apartment.

"I have to shoot off when I drop you home... I have plans with Candice." I nodded. I was reading over his messages. "You going to be oaky on your own?" She asked. "I got rejected Kat, I'm not dying." "Just checking you made me book you a whole flight and you skipped town in the middle of the night." I rolled my eyes. "It was embaressing." "Less of the attitude." I rolled my eyes yet again. "You need to nap when you get home... Tired isn't a good look on you." "Okay." "You and Ian will be fine." "Or we're not going to be fine. He's going to suffer alone and i've lost a friend." "Positive thinking my baby." I didn't say anything the rest of the drive. I was texting Kaylee filling her in on what had happened. She was going to come over after she finished at the mall with the girls.

---

"Hello?" I say into the phone. "Hey." He says back softly. I put it on speaker and continued with the laudry. "I think we need to talk." He says. "Sorry for ditching you... is your mum annoyed?" I questioned. "No, she's worried. She thinks someone upset you." "Well they did." I say without thinking. "I didn't mean to upset you." "You did though. You could have said anything... even I don't feel the same way and it would have been better than rolling over in bed and ignoring me." "I didn't know what to say." "ANything Ian... Anything. You could have started talking about the horse. Or your poop you took. Anything would have made me feel better than you ignoring me for the rest of the day." "I didn't want to upset you further." "I had a panic attack at dinner and you ignored me Ian... Your sister dealt with me. You know how horrible it was. And you didn't even comfort me after me." I know I was being whiny but I needed him and he just left me. I get it I ruined things but we were friends first and he brushed me a side. "I fucked up. I'm sorry. But you didn't have to leave." "I didn't feel like you wanted me there. I wasn't going to stay where I'm not wanted Ian." I explained to him. We were both trying our best to keep a level tone with one another knowing what shouting and arguing does to each other. But I was struggling to just stay calm right now. He hurt my feelings. Gosh I sound like a child.