Chapter 3

"I don't know" I mumble after we already bought a bed, but of course not for me. I think he was getting Phoebe a new one. His daughter. I could never be his daughter, I kind of wish I was though.

"What's that?" He asks, he is driving back to the house.

"I don't know if I wanna meet them" I say scared he is going to be mad.

"Well, Anastasia and I agreed that they will come back at the end of the week." I can hear the sorrow in his voice, he wants to see his babies.

"I can go away.." I mumble, I have done it before.

"I don't want that" He says more stern now,

"I want you to stay, but it's up to you" I can almost hear him smile, I don't know what to say to him.

"I stay" I smile, maybe he won't hurt me. He won't. He won't. He will, just like the man said he wouldn't hurt you at first.

"Skylar, were are you Skylar?" Mommy laughs and she tip toes looking first in my closet then under my covers but she doesn't even check behind the closet clothes. We are in her room but we are in the middle of a game of hide and seek. I can see the whole room and mommy, but she can't see me.
"Really, 50$ for a pair of fucking shoes!" I hear the man shout as he walks through the bedroom door, he was mommys new boyfriend, he said he loved her so why would he curse at her.
"You don't do shit all day woman, you sit on your fat ass!" He screams.

Christian takes me out of the car seat and carries me but I don't notice, I'm having one of those flashbacks so I just stare off.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry sweetie" mommy looks sad but the man won't have it,
"Sorry? You're fucking sorry for wasting my money on your whore clothing" He pushes things off, the lamp, the bottles and little things mommy has set up in her night stand and side of the bed.
"Please" She cries and starts picking up the mess but he keeps yelling. Then he grabs her by the hair and pulls her so she is standing.
"Are you seeing someone else?" He asks and she has tears falling down,
"What? No!" She yells to the tears keep coming, then he smacks her and pushes her down then kicks her, she keeps crying. I step out of the closet.
"Mommy!" I cry,
"Mommy!".

"Skylar" Christians voice pulls me out of the flashback and I notice I'm crying without making noise.
"Hey, what's wrong" He has his hands cupping my arms, he is looking at me. Then I start making noise, more tears. Mommy.
"Mommy" I cry and he pulls me into a hug, I would resist but I don't, I want a hug.
"It's okay" he smiles and wipes away a tear. I grab my arm because the pain of him pushing me still hurts, but only my heart. Mommy was mean after that.
"He hurt her" I cry,
"Who?" He asks,
"The man" I cover my face and suddenly I feel tired. I lean my head on his shoulder and he wraps his arms around me. He is on his knees holding me. Then I cry but still start to drift into a sleep.

"Wake up, wake up" the woman, Anastasia is shaking me gently and whispering softly.
"Hmm?" I look at everything around me, I'm on a soft bed, it's the one I picked out. Across the room is his daughters bed.
"Why Im here?" I ask her,
"This is your bed" She smiles and I smile back.
"Why?"
"Because we decided to have you stay here with us." She states,
"Tanks" is all I have to say,
"Your welcome Skylar" She smiles then leans down and kisses my forehead.
"Sky" I correct her, and she nods.
"Want another bath ? We have toys this time" she smiles and I nod excited.

"So Sky, how was spending the day with Christian like?" She asks as she watches me play with the rubber hippo in the water, it floats.
"Nice" I smile and push some of the bubbles out of the way so I can see the water.
"What did you guys do?" She asks,
"We went to get clothes and a bed" I smile
"Really?" She smiles, " I'll have to take you and Phoebe clothes shopping when you get used to her". I frown, i have never even met other girls or boys, only at the park but they didn't play with me.
"Will she like me?" i ask,
"Yes, she might be shy at first but she always likes to play with the others girls when we go to the park so im sure she wil." she smiles at me, i hope she does. I play in the water some more before i ask to get out.
When she helps me out she wraps me in a towel with a duck on it. It's makes me smile. She dries me off then wraps me up in it, it's soft. She picks me up and carries me into the pink room where her daughters room is. It smells nice in here. It smells like sugar. She takes some of the new clothes and puts gray things she calls "sweat pants" on me and a white shirt. It's soft and warm. I like it here.
"Would you like to go play outside in the backyard? We have a play ground and everything" She smiles really big.
"Mmhm" I smile and she grabs my hand and leads me out to a place with a slide, some swings, and a sandpit with toys in it.
"I'll watch and you can go play" She gestures to them and I go up the ladder to a place I can sit down. There are barbies and things mommy told me were called binoculars and I pick them up.
I look over to the place were I can see other houses. Smaller ones. I look closely and I see...
My house. My old one. It's the man he is walking out of the house,
He has a woman in his arms, she looks asleep.
It's......
No, no. I scream at the top of my lungs.