Before The Story

"Mommy, mommy?" I whisper, where is mommy? I walk through the big doors that stand high for me and see mommy. A man is hurting mommy, he has a big pan in his hand. He is hitting mommy with it, poor mommy her head is bleeding.

"Please" I hear her yell, and then the man takes out a sharp thing. Mommy told me that I shouldn't be around the man when he has it. She told me it was just a toy, and that him and the man are just playing. But the toy makes mommy bleed a lot and then mommy doesn't move. Sometimes I don't listen to mommy because mommy doesn't listen to me when I tell her the man hurts me.

The man was smoking and I told him that I was hungry and he hurt my arm with it twice. Now there is a mark there that won't go away. My body has lots of marks but they go away after a little. I always wanted mommy to make me food, but I only get food if I make it myself.

"Mommy?" I yell, and the man comes toward me. He hits me with his hand and tells me not to tell anyone or I'm going to be just like mommy.

What does he mean? Why isn't mommy waking up, maybe she is just tired. But I need food.

"Get out of my way you little brat" he pushes my head and I fall, it hurts. It hurts my whole body and I can feel it hurt my ribs, and my ribs poke out a little. I walk over to mommy as soon as the man leaves.

"Mommy?" I whisper, and she moves a little and opens her eyes and grabs her chest.

"You need to leave" She yells all at once, I want to help mommy.

"I'll get you a brand aid mommy" I run to were the band aids are and I grab the box. But when I come back mommy isn't moving anymore.

"Mommy I got them wake up" I yell and start to put them on her.

"Mommy!" I cry,

"Mommy" I whisper, but mommy isn't waking up. For this time, I will listen and go away. So the bad man won't hurt me again. I will go away and find a place to take care of myself.