I used to want to be someones star, to have them stop and stare for hours at my beauty, admiring at how I shine, contrasting from the dark background I'm laid against.

But then I learned stars are dead as we look at them, and I'm far from dead. They're also in the background simply decorations for the bigger picture.

I want to be someone's moon. The brightest thing in their sky, the one their eyes are automatically drawn to. Something that's always there no matter what happens, I want to be that for someone. I want to be the moon for them the one that I never got the pleasure of receiving.

And the only way that can happen is if you push aside fears. So fuck two more days.

"Chi cazzo sei, perché mi chiami al mio numero personale? È meglio che sia fottutamente importante o ti sparo in mezzo agli occhi," his voice spoke annoyed with venom laced in it.

[Who the fuck are you, why are you calling me on my personal number? It better be fucking important or I'll shoot you between the eyes.]

"Uh hi Leo."

There was silence before he spoke again, "Fanculo."
[fuck]

"What does fanculo mean?"

"It means night," he told me.

"Well how's your fanculo going so far?"

I could hear Leo's chuckle, "It's 5am Sunshine."

"I forgot, did I wake you up? I'm so sorry. I'll hang up now," I apologized.

"Don't hang up."

"Okay."

Wait.

"Did you call me sunshine?"

"Yes."

A grin spread across my face, if someone were to walk by they would probably think I'm going crazy,"That's so cool. I have an actual nickname someone calls me by."

"Didn't you say your friends call you Izz when we first met?"

"I lied. No ones actually has called me that, but as soon and I make a good friends then boom, they'll be calling me that left and right. But I think Sunshine is an equally good name."

"Are you okay with me calling you Leo now? I mean obviously you didn't like it the other day, can I call you Leo?"

"Fine," he started, "quello che vuoi."
[anything you want]

"Cool! Are you doing anything tomorrow? I don't have work actually, so if you want we can get something to eat and I can show you the best places in the city."

"Okay, I'll pick you up at 2."

"Actually meet me at the diner, I have to pick my paycheck up around that time anyways," I smoothly lie to him. I can't have him anywhere near my home.

"I'll see you then."

"Bye Leo, have a good fanculo or uh morning I guess," I said before hanging up. I need to work on my phone conversational skills.
✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You're late," a voice in the darkness of the house spoke.