Chapter 32 :: Confession

Start from the beginning

Jungkook thinned his lips in a straight line, having nothing to say anymore. "But what about Taehyung? Will he agree to not go to the press conference??" Jungkook's question left Y/n in deep thoughts. It was indeed questionable. After ignoring him and pissing him off in every way possible, how was she supposed to convince him to not go?

"I will make sure he doesn't go." She spoke after a couple of seconds, heaving out a long sigh while thinking about ways to convince him.

||

Y/n entered inside the mansion with heavy footsteps. She looked around the living room and concluded that he wasn't there though his car was parked outside which indicated that Taehyung was home. Entering inside their room, she found him sitting upright on the bed, working on his laptop.

He felt her walk inside but didn't bother to look up. His face was hardened and his gaze was glued to the bright screen of the laptop. She pressed her lips into a thin line and scratched her nape before clearing her throat but failed to grab his attention.

"Ummm…" She parted her lips to speak but his next action left her in loss of words. He picked up the headphone set from the side table and wore them, clearly specifying that he wasn't going to talk to her to even listen to her. She sighed the next moment before walking towards the washroom with a set of her silk nightgown.

Taehyung eyed her figure from the corner of his eyes and then rolled his eyes after she was gone. "Now taste your own medicine." He frowned and tilted his head before resuming his work. After doing her night chores, she came and stood before him. "Did you eat?" No matter what, she couldn't keep herself restricted from caring for him.

She was sure that he wasn't going to give in this soon and she was proved correct. He didn't answer. "I have checked the refrigerator and your food was still there. Why didn't you eat?" She asked again but got replied with silence. He ignored her like she was invisible to him.

She closed his laptop, keeping her palm over it but still he didn't bother to look up at her. "Taehyung?" She voiced calmly. "Come and eat with me." She held his wrist but he yanked away from her hold. He finally looked up to her only to glare at her hard. "Don't touch me without my permission!" He spoke in a cold tone and she froze in her spot.

Had it been the time when they got married and he said these words, it wouldn't have affected her but now that he said this, it made her heart quench in pain. "And don't try to act like my wife." He added, pointing a finger at her. "Wow.." She rolled her eyes, fluttering her lashes several times.

"I am your wife though." She gave him a look of disbelief. "Oh you are? Sorry I don't want to remember that." He smirked at her but only he knew how badly he wanted to pull her close to him and engulf him in his embrace. Only if she wouldn't have pulled up that wall of ignorance between them.

"Okay fine! Do whatever you want." She threw her hands in the air, giving up to try to convince him. She wanted to resolve things between them so that she could stop him from attending the press conference but here he was adamant enough to not let go of the week of ignorance that he faced from her

Him being upset was justified though.

Now she was somewhere regretting ignoring him. Maybe things wouldn't have been this complicated. But the situation in their case, the circumstances regarding them were complicated from the beginning only. The start of their relationship was on the basis of lies. The path of these unwanted feelings were filled with complexity and hardships.

||

It was the day of the global press conference today and Y/n got to know that not only Taehyung, but Jimin was also attending it. She eyed Taehyung, who sat by the dining table with his fingers pressing his temples. "If you are this unwell, then let me attend it in your place. Why are you acting so stubborn?" She told him the same thing for the umpteenth time.

He was having a headache since morning which Y/n saw as an opportunity to use to stop him from going but who was she kidding to? Taehyung isn't someone who would listen to someone this easily. He was everything but persuadable.  "Stop saying the same thing again and again." He groaned, scoffing with closed eyes.

"Stop pretending like you care." He added a little later only to make her jolt up her eyes to him. "Only if you knew how much I care about you." She murmured under her breath before shaking her head. She went inside the kitchen to make some coffee for him. She sighed internally, before pulling out a blister packet and later added a tablet pill inside his coffee.

"I am sorry that I have to do this." She murmured to herself before bringing the mug of coffee to him. She thanked her stars when he didn't protest or threw a tantrum about drinking the coffee and she sat opposite to him, letting him have his own time sipping the espresso.

The medicine started working on him sooner than she thought and slowly his eyelids felt heavy. He yawned, still continuing to drink before his senses thinned and he slept on the table, lying his head on his arm. A smile formed on her lips when she saw him fall asleep and she slowly went towards him before making him stand.

With some stumbling and tripping, she finally took him to his room and made him lie on his bed properly. After removing his shoes and socks, she loosened his tie and removed his overcoat too. Pushing away his hairs from his forehead, she caressed his silky locks and sat beside him.

Her eyes travelled across his sleeping features and she leaned towards him before placing her lips on his forehead. "I am sorry Tae...I had to put sleeping pills in your coffee...but I had no other way out." She whispered to his sleeping figure. "I can't take the risk to let you get hurt." She shook her head. "Not when you mean so much to me." She slightly caressed his hairs again.

"I love you." She confessed her deep feelings to him. A drop of tear rolled down her cheek and fell on his glabella which she wiped away. "I love you Taehyung." She pecked the apple of his cheek. "I won't be able to say this to you when you are awake and I am sorry about that." Her chin trembled a little as she tried not to cry.

She wiped her cheeks, removing every drop of tears and then pulled out her phone to call Jungkook. "Ready?" "Do I have another option?" Jungkook frowned and she chuckled a little. "Nope brother. Anyways, send some men to his mansion. I don't trust Kang Heok Dwa. He might plan to attack him here in our absence if he does not find him there." Jungkook responded positively before hanging up the call.

She turned back to look at his sleeping figure one last time. "I hope I can make it out alive after today." She mumbled to herself, letting her eyes grasp every inch of him, unsure of the future which might not let her see him ever again.

______________________________________

Here take this 🔪 and stab me🙂 because you all have every right to do it😫😅 for making you guys wait this long😌🙏

Anyways, do give your precious reviews to me❤️