Chapter 2 - Beth's POV

Start from the beginning

Still, whenever anyone asked, I always told boys I already had a boyfriend if they wanted a date.

Cole might not have been my official boyfriend, but he was as good as one.

I wasn't dating Cole, not because I doubted his feeling for me, or because I didn't love him myself, we were just both so busy. Our relationship would have to be long distance, and it felt like not putting a label on what we had protected it somehow...

But also... there was never a doubt in my mind that I would end up with Coleridge Torres. I did not need to call him my boyfriend to be sure of that.

Someone knocked at the door.

"Can you get it?" Nikki yelled, her voice coming from the bathroom.

Who was knocking at our door? Maybe it was the landlord?

I rushed to the door, bumping into a cabinet one my way to it, a little flustered. I didn't have time to deal with whoever was on the other side of that door.

I opened the door.

Cole was standing there. My heart stopped beating.

I squealed and jumped in arms, completely confused.

What was he doing here? Cole was here! Cole was here!

He chuckled, lifting me off my feet and whispered "Hey Kitten," against my ear.

My eyes filled with tears. I didn't know why. I wasn't sad. I was elated.

"How long do we have? Are you between two flights?" I asked him when I finally put my feet back on the ground. His arms stayed around me.

"We've got one week," he answered, a huge grin spread across his gorgeous face.

"Oh my god, what's going on? Are we finally getting kidnapped for human trafficking?" Nikki asked, walking out of the bathroom. She groaned the second she saw Cole. "OH MY GOD. I'm sooooo single," she cried.

Cole and I both laughed.

"Hi Nikki!"

"I'm gonna die alooooooone," Nikki whined ignoring him.

"I can't believe it! What is this?" I asked him, ignoring her.

"I had days off and I figured I might as well spend them here rather than alone in my apartment."

I had a million things I wanted to say, a million things I wanted to do. The thoughts in my head were all jumbled from excitement.

"Oh my god, I have to go give my ballet class. I can't stay," was what came out of my mouth, in a panic.

Cole laughed, brushing his hand against my temple. He kissed the top of my head. "It's okay Kitten, don't worry about it. I knew you weren't going to be able to be with me every second. It's okay, do what you gotta do. I seriously need to take a shower and a nap anyway."

I nodded, like this made sense, like I was okay with going on with my life normally when the love of my life was in my apartment. "Don't eat the tuna in the fridge, it's totally dead. I'll be back around five. Rest well until then."

"I will Kitten, don't worry. I'll annoy Nikki."

"I hate you both, so so much." Nikki said from the kitchen.

Cole and I smiled at each other, and then I slipped into my shoes and I walked out, because if I stayed any longer I wasn't going to leave.

I walked in to streets in a rush, a hand pressed against my chest to try to calm myself down.

Cole was here.

Cole was here!

I wanted to break into a dance in the middle of the street like I was in a Disney movie.

I wanted to shake strangers and tell them that the most amazing man in the world was in my tiny apartment right now.

I stopped walking. I looked at my watch.

I ran back to the apartment. I took the stairs two at a time and erupted back into my place.

Cole was in the kitchen, drinking a glass of water.

"Beth... what?" he started to say, smiling and laughing a little, confused.

I grabbed his face and pressed my lips against his. His arms wrapped around my waist automatically and my hand went in his hair, angling his head just right to kiss him more deeply.

"Eeeeew, I hate you both. I'M SO SINGLE," Nikki whined, sitting at our little kitchen table.

Our common chuckle over that comment broke our kiss.

"Do you mind walking with me to my bus stop?" I asked Cole.

He smiled, his heart stopping smile. "It would be my pleasure Miss Eaton."

We walked hand in hand at a pace way too fast for my taste, but I was going to be late. I was already kinda late.

Oh well, this was definitely worth it.

"How busy are you?" Cole asked me.

"I'm always busy, that doesn't matter, you're here," I told him excitedly.

He chuckled, throwing his head back. "If you could see yourself. I just want to mush your cheeks and squeeze you, you're too cute," he told me, scrunching his nose.

I elbowed him softly. "Shut it."

He knocked his shoulder into mine. "Shouldn't be legal to be this adorable."

"And it shouldn't be legal to be this gorgeous."

"Couple of outlaws we are."

I pressed my head against his shoulder, holding on to his arm. "Thank you for flying all the way here. I've missed you," I told him softly.

"I've missed you too," he replied and kissed my head.

We stopped walking because we were at my stop now, and I could see my bus on its way here.

I turned around, taking a good look at him. "That's my bus," I sadly admitted.

Cole hugged me. "Have fun at your ballet class."

"Thank you," I told him and then reluctantly stepped out of his embrace. "Take a nap so you're well rested. I have plans," I told him.

Cole laughed. "You always have plans!"

I grinned. "Always."

"Go on then," he nodded to towards the bus that had just stopped.

I turned around and left him behind. I got in the bus and sat in the back. I looked back in my seat, staring out the window and waved at Cole still standing on the sidewalk.

Cole waved back until the bus turned a corner and he disappeared from my sight. 

____________

Hello my little Pumpkins. Hopefully you also enjoyed this Beth POV chapter! 

How we liking this so far? 

Well, I don't have much more to say, I've rambled on enough today. 

See you all next Tuesday! :D